View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 AM

One morning, several years back, I contemplated joining a car site where I could have some fun and gain a few friendships along the way. That morn, I was sitting at the table eating my favorite cereal and I happen to notice this guy’s face on my milk carton. Said he was wanted by the Feds, as I recall. So this was all happening when I contemplated joining this site. That guy on the milk carton, I thought to myself, hey, I want to stay anonymous on this site and if I just use this milk carton guy’s name as an alias, well, I can muster the courage behind this guy’s name that I could share my life quest of reliving my semi adulthood. You know, when you were old enough to drive, yet carefree and did not carry insurance, or have your own place, yet old enough to have your hands all over some girl in the back row of the drive in, but young enough not to make a commitment. When you were young enough not to care about world peace or what gold was trading at, yet old enough to work all week at a meaningless job so you would have enough jingle at the end of the week so you could buy a new Holley and fill up with 260. Then you would go off to your real job of raking in cash in match races, busting them off on some remote straightaway backroad. Got into plenty of trouble and antics, ‘cause we were young and life was day by day and we were immortal. Oh, that guy’s name? Yep, one keystroke at a time I type in that guy, the one on the milk carton, C-h-a-r-l-e-y L-i-l-l-a-r-d... I hit enter! Comes back as taken! Crap, now what? Oh well, I was a pretty decent mechanic. Built some hot engines, loved big block Chevies, was a wiz at tuning too. I gained the moniker “big block Benny”, short for the more awkward Bentley. I would always get, “why do they call you that (Bentley)?”, as if I had a vote when the time came to naming me? Hopefully not to confuse, but when I saw bbbenny, I thought, what the hey, I’m bbbentley which is a lot easier than my other site’s user name of “ko-lek-tor”, which the “spell correct” function goes into spasms and seizures and gives me fits. How’s that Dave?

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 06-10-2018 at 03:55 AM.