View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 09:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,088 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNovaSS View Post
I think that is what Jose was saying. It looks like the car originally had power disc brakes. Later, it had drums swapped...
Yes. That would be my guess.

The booster seems to be the only part of the front brakes that would pass as original to the car and like Jon said is for disc brakes. It is clear the current master cylinder and front drums are not original to the car.

As much as I wanted the car to have factory disc brakes all along, it is nice to find evidence it could have been a disc brake car from the beginning.

I've been patiently waiting for a response from Alan who may be able to confirm what brakes were on the car in 1980.

I did find the contact information of Ron Perry who worked at Bobb Chevrolet who may have sold the car when new, but I haven't had a call or message back. I tried calling again and it went straight to his personal voicemail greeting. Oh well. He stated on an old Facebook post he worked at the dealership since the 60's and that's when I tried to make contact. I also found a Bobb Chevrolet Pace car image with his name on it.
Attached Images

67 Camaro L78

Last edited by jbtech; 10-03-2021 at 09:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbtech For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (11-19-2021), ruralrte66 (10-04-2021)