View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 02:06 PM

Nobody should be surprised in my opinion that this stuff goes on. I'm not saying it's right or that it's not shameful or makes me upset but this is not NEW. What's slightly new is the increased sophistication of faking cars. But with the way we are in 2019 with computers and digital imaging and graphics and the list goes on and on, this is not unlike anything else in the world that gets faked.... If there is value to something and it can be faked.... It will be.

From hand bags to watches to precious stones and oil paintings.

In the car hobby, people love to focus on the engine deck stamp and broach marks and then on to the Vin Tag and Trim Tag and factory rivets..... All of which are routinely faked, or made in reproduction and overtly sold. People still seem to get hung up on DOCUMENTS though.... as if for some reason, if a car has a build sheet or invoice, protecto plate, window sticker.... and oh my!!! If they look old... Have a stain or a rip., they must be legit ? No Way!! Buyers Need to Wake up. This aging of docs has been going on for years and just getting better and better. Partly due to the above increased capability we have at our fingertips and partly .... Sadly.... Because people post their original paperwork on bulletin boards for what do you think? Or just because. Then, those moles are watching and saving them so when they go to reproduce and age them.... they have a wonderful blueprint to use.

So Stop postng these things I say. Get your expert advice but do it privately. Just my opinion mind you.

These aged invoices and build sheets and the like are coming out of many places but Canada has a few well known guys doing this for a nice price tag.

There's another Black 67 SS L-78 with Red Interior changing hands out there with the same aged docs and they came out of Canada best of my knowledge. and this was as far back as 2009. So it's not New my friends. It's sad and it's frustrating and there are many car owners out there, some possibly reading this....who probably own cars that are not what they think and I advise everyone to occasionally have someone verify even that car you bought 15 years ago.

Sorry for my ramble. I'm passionate about this hobby and I do get upset when I see this stuff but I get just as upset at Naive Buyers.

They made 612 1967 Chevelles with the 396/375hp engine. They are extremely RARE to find. Very Rare to find with drivetrain intact and not just a USED TO BE Rare Car. Think about it? 612. How many still exist? How Many Exist with Drivetrain intact? Verified? With Docs? Restored? You aren't buying one of these for $50,000 or $60,000 and certainly should not be buying without having it verified by a trusted CHEVELLE Expert. Not a Camaro expert or a Corvette expert or Online appraisal expert from Hemmings!!

This car is in my opinion a very nice car from the photos. Well worth the purchase price but as was stated, if you are going to stop the madness.... Trash. Burn. eradicate stampings and enjoy the car and sell it later as a nice Black 67 SS

I'm Done

Last edited by MYSTERYCHEVELLE; 06-21-2019 at 02:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MYSTERYCHEVELLE For This Useful Post:
dustinm (06-21-2019)