View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Anyone have a older 2010+ Camaro or 2008+ Challenger? (son's daily driver needed)

I couldn't be prouder! :-) My son wants to upgrade from his '06 Honda Civic to a 2010 to 2015 Camaro, or 2008 to 2013 Challenger. Anyone out there have a low-priced, dependable driver quality example they want to see in the hands of a next generation enthusiast?

We drove 65 miles to look at a nice 2011 Camaro V6 this morning - great un-hit body and interior. They started it and we could immediately hear the cracked catalytic converter and a weird clicking sound coming from the back of one of the valve covers. Passed on that one. Of course the dealer said "I have no idea what you mean? Our mechanic goes over everything and if he heard that he would have fixed it"

...Yeah your mechanic heard it, he probably told you about it... and you didn't want to spend a couple thosand dollars on a new exhaust with the built-in cats. (Not to even mention the clicking variable cam timer that's going bad...)

Oh well, anyone have anything out there?

The boy prefers an automatic (oh, the shame)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry thumbnail_IMG_0130 a.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0129 a.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0128.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0127.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...