View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Von Dutch'd Yenko Chevelle?

How cool is this?

<font color="red"> I am responding to a post by "suercar kid" on your site. My name is J.T. Greek Vosdoganes, and I did
own a 69 Yenko Chevelle. It came with an all iron L-88 427,4speed. 4:10 power package. Color was
Butternut Yellow/W a black vynle top. Had the Yenko seats,Yenko aluminum logos on the lower front
fenders, and on the chrome valve covers. I had the car from early 72 until late 73. I was working part time
for Dutch at that time. He painted the car with pure red toner, after heating the paint on a hotplate until
it was just ready to boil. It looked like water was flowing off the car when it was completed. He also did a
very conservative pin stripe job on it. The top was painted brite metalic gold. Dutch would not put his
flying eyeball on the dash, [which is something he did on almost all of his jobs] because I raced stock
cars also, and he was always angered because I scratched, and damaged cars every weekend. So he
didn't think I deserved the logo. He also did a flame paint job on my chevy van. In 73 I sold the red
painted Yenko body only to a guy in Mesa Az. for $1000.00. The engine I used for several years in my stock cars, and finally in a 52 chevy coupe. I sold the engine to a race driver in Perrysburg OH. in 79. I never told the
buyer of the body that it was a Yenko. At that time, It didn't seem important. I have some old pictures
of the Yenko before, and after the paint. I bought the car from a guy from White Plains NY in 72. He was
the second owner of the car, and drag races it quite a bit. Even though he whipped it a lot, it still ran
a 12;56 at Beeline Dragway when I took it there on a Friday night. Thanks, J.T."Greek" Vosdoganes. </font>