Thread: Aircraft pics
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,513 Times in 2,143 Posts
Default Re: Aircraft pics??

Great stuff Rob....congrats on getting your Gramps stuff! . I was lucky to get my Gramps WW1 kit bag as I happened to be there the day my Grandmother was about to toss it. . It's all there....incl. helmet, the issued coins, putties, utensils, letters from Mom....also a journal from day one leaving the mountain farm to sign up right to the last entry when he arrived home closing with something like "I'll get up in the morning happy to milk the cows". . We've sure grown up in some fortunate times!!! .

So who here's involved in the ME-262 project? . I've followed the 262 resto loosely over the past few years....there's I think 3 of them they've been working on and one sold and recently sent back to Germany after test flights and knock-down for shipping. . They've done the 'Yenko conversion' thing swapping the original German 'Jumo' jet engines (that had a lifespan of only hours) for reliable GE J-85 units but otherwise resto of great detail down to paint marks etc. .
I know there's a few other 'Warbird' nuts here or 'Stormbirds' as the jets are known. .
Like I said earlier, we think these cars are a project! .

~ Pete