View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Am I missing something?

I knew I would strike a nerve with someone. Good editing of my post. Look at the next post backing what I had to point out. I have had several dealings with my great state of Pennsylvania, the anything for a buck state, over titles and what can and can not be done. They have told people if you change the engine in your car from the factory engine that the car should be turned in as reconstructed. I talked to the head of Glass over the tinted windows we bought for his 55 Chevy at Carlisle that is DOT stamped and was told we could not do it if the car did not come down the assembly line with it. I keep my state inspection license up to date and have different rules to follow than the police do. Recently we went through process of titling a T Bucket project and went through all the paper work and had it all go through with out a problem. Now the car is done it has to be inspected the way it is built. I am not here to get into one of this forums pissing contests, but each state law is different and there are ways people find to get around the law. Misrepresented and fake car owners should be dealt with accordingly. Big business, money and greed cast a dark shadow over the hobby I love so much.