View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default Re: Am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hep1966</div><div class="ubbcode-body">https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/499221/1 </div></div>

It is unfortunate that no one replied to your question in that thread. I don't remember seeing it. I assume that every one else felt like the car was fully explained in the for sale section. It was. It left the factory as a 350 SS car. The ZL-1 engine was installed later. There was never an attempt to pass the car off as anything it was not. Definitely not on par with the current discussion of taking a vin from a destroyed ZL-1 body and putting the vin plate on another body.

Apparently, you did not ever see the ad and therefore did not have a chance to connect the dots.

And I have to agree with Charlie about the attempt to disclose on the rebodied ZL-1. Most auction houses DON'T go out of their way to disclose. I was talking to Roy Sinor a few weeks ago about a well known faked car up for auction. Roy asked the auctioneer why he didn't disclose facts about an obviously faked car when he (the auctioneer) KNOWS the car to be a fake. The response:

&quot;Why would I shoot myself in the foot?&quot;