View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Lakewood square traction bar measurements

ChevyandPontiac, I could use an overall picture of a tape measure from the back to the front to locate the spring plate and front strap for the u-bolt I've got most other measurements I need. THANK YOU for taking these pics! I have drawn up some more detailed diagrams if anyone needs them - so PM me your email and I can get you what I have so far

I bought PXTX last set of J-bolt U strap for these bars and few months ago I cleaned out my attic and I found all my used J-bolt parts, so I'm making a set of the longer ones.

My son is working at a metal shop and he can laser cut the shock plates, frt&rear u-bolt straps and shock mounts if anyone needs them I may be able to persuade him to run more on a limited basis. Only issue I have is we wont be able to bend the 5/16" ears that the shock mounts weld to like Lakewood did, so I may have the spring plates with out that and weld on the ears on afterwards

I have a set of square tube short bars that are almost the same as these but spring plates are different
In case someone wants to make a slightly newer version.

90 Formula 350