View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 AM

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

Dan - My car is the real deal, just missing a few (key) components - I will plan to restore it as GM built it and as modified by Harrell's shop

Bottom line, I have THE 1969 DHPC Chevelle I bought brand new on Aug 19, 1969 - today is Aug 18, 2009 - almost 40 years later on the nose
I know it's missing a few (key) components but it will make one heck of a ride for me & Karen even if it NEVER qualifies for the 'hall of fame'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hat is off to Dan P (1968MotionL88) - he provided a VITAL bit of information that ultimately led to the successful tracking down of my 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postsedan View Post
Roger,

I for one truly do hope your car is the real deal.....however, lots more to learn about it...and why?
I would tend to agree with.... Mr.70

"It looks like it coulda been delivered from the factory to Bill Allen Chev.as a Super Sport,before being sent to DHPC where it was doctored down,(SS body emblems removed),to be a "sleeper" of sorts and have the 427cid.installed,among other items."
OR most likely began life as an SS going down the assemble line....this explains the 72 72 code. Otherwise it would have been a - - paint code.

"Original 12 bolt rear end with 4.10 positrack gears is gone - has a 10 bolt installed now . . ."
You`ll either have to try and find a KK code 12 bolt case. Which are getting extremely harder and harder to find. Or find a dated 12 bolt and add the 4:10`s to it.
Or another guess, is perhaps it was born with a different gear set (3:31 or 3:55) and the 4:10 was part of the DHPC?

Many questions?

Dan.

Last edited by RogerD; 11-02-2020 at 04:30 PM.