View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:34 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts

Finally found some time to do some work on the workshop. Besides my time constraints, I was waiting until the seller got all of his stuff out. Part of the deal was he could take up to six months to vacate. He got out a little early. Left my camera down there yesterday so can't post any new photos.

However, that big post right in the middle of my workspace is now gone. My brother cam and helped on Sat and Sun. We built temp supports, removed the post, and threaded in two 18 x 2 x 28 foot LVL beams, screwed together. It was a challenge getting beams that weigh 324 pounds a piece 16 foot into the air, keeping it up there while building the end supports and getting it all attached safely. We actually raised the middle part of that roofing over an inch from what it was while resting on the center post.

Space is 45 by 35 by 23 (actually a bit larger, but rounded it down. This pic is looking South at the small door (10 x 10). That South wall is 35'. The East boundary of my work area is 45 foot, so the shop area is 45 deep. The large door is 12 x 12 and faces North. Plan is to expand that door to 20 x 12 and install an insulated rollup. Ceiling slopes from a high of 17 foot down to about 14 foot so lots of head room. Plan to wall off the East boundary of the work space so I can HVAC just that area. Don't want to HVAC the whole 5200 feet. I mean, I like my cars, but hey they don't need air conditioning.

Sherri and I unloaded our new Aamco 7k pound two post lift Friday evening using nothing but pry bars, floor jacks and wood blocks. She said it was easier than expected. Did I tell you I am married to an angel? It is setting up at the front of the workspace right now. There is no rebar in this concrete, so I need to pour a couple of really thick reinforced pads to mount the lift. Will start busting out concrete on Wed nite.

Have a full day tomorrow, but will do my best to get some pics up by the evening.

Lynn
Attached Images

Last edited by Lynn; 08-16-2018 at 12:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Damien (08-14-2018)