View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 01:34 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thats the problem Tommy!The cars are on the track!Forget the stands and watch the cars.I dont know how many realize how evil the cup cars are.Even when they take them to 550HP they run 200.If you ever get a chance to drive the school cars it will open your eyes.I have about 30 plus laps at Vegas.I dragged raced for 10 year,held many AHRA records and I just dont have the balls to keep my foot on the floor going into the corners.I had dinner with Dale Sn 2 weeks before he died.Because of my job I got to meet and spend time with many of the drivers and pretty much spent my days at the track in the pits.Watch the road races and watch them carry the front wheels around the corners.The car for 21 is getting bigger wider tires and rims,IRS suspension and more modern improvements.I got to spend a day at TRD and watch them run a race on a engine dyno,happened to be a road course and it was assume listing to the loading and unloading of the engines and the gear changes.We are REALLY in the best days of "stock car"racing.People talk about running what we drive,the genie is out of the bottle and not going back.We dont kill drivers anymore thank God but they know when they go upside down and barrel roll at 200 it might be there last race.Spend some time this year and watch a few races,watch the end of the stages when they all lose their minds and would move their grand mother for a couple Xtra positions.Enough of me.Tom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjs44 For This Useful Post:
300deluxeL79 (12-12-2019), L72Biscayne (12-18-2019), Tommy (12-13-2019)