View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 06:26 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

For your viewing pleasure...the Yelp reviews....

Sandy M.San Francisco, CA

1 star

3/16/2020

When building a classic car you are always happy to run across good parts, and you are glad to pay for them. What you don't expect is to be unjustly treated. We'd all like to think everyone's not bad. In the case of Paul Baker he's beyond bad, he's demeaning, degrading, and down right and purely honest an asshole. My husband ordered some parts and promptly paid for them as requested, we've been waiting and waiting. When he called last week he was told they had been shipped over a week ago but was unable to give tracking info due to secretary working part time but she would be in Saturday and blah blah blah so I myself called this morning Paul answered phone i explained why i was calling he said he had spoken to my husband and ask me so rudely don't you talk to him. Well fire shot out my ears and I said of course that is why I am calling to obtain tracking info he stated secretary did not come in over weekend but would be there tomorrow and this matter was at the top of the list. I guess we'll see. He's more than happy to take your money but I will be speaking to authorities later today .This is the most unprofessional, rudest individual I've ever had the displeasure in speaking with. If he treats everyone this way I don't know how he stays in business. I am a member of several automotive groups as many of us are and attend a lot of events so I will be happy to express my opinion to each and everyone of my groups, to anyone and everyone that will listen, all my friends and will encourage them to do so as well. I'm shocked at this behavior....steer clear of this company, this individual and save yourself the aggravation. Please!

Jimena B.Houston, TX

1 star

4/13/2017

don't go there if you are Hispanic or English is not your first language the owner is racist! and treat people with no respect. maybe he doesn't understand we are in the 21st century and we are citizens of the world and we make the economy grow. shame on them!

David M.Yorktown Heights, NY

1 star
12/30/2016

First to Review

Before you become a victim of business scamming, contact the Consumer Affairs of Long Beach CA to identify rating of Goat Hill Classics, owned by Paul Baker and managed by his assistant Annie. Consumer Affairs shows a F rating. Contact the Better Business Alliance of Long Beach and learn of open complaints. Or check eBay for the numerous negative complaints against the alias "aarchivehunter" where they had a 98.7% feedback rating. Paul and Annie will always begin as polite professional, honest. Don't pay with anything other than credit card if you are still willing and convinced that they have the part that your classic car requires. They will promise delivery in 10 days. They will not provide the method of delivery or tracking number, if that is not enough to convince you to shop elsewhere.

If you speak with Paul after the purchase he will always claim the noise is difficult to hear you. He promises to call you back. Annie will claim they have never had a complaint in their 27 plus years of business. Trust the Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau and Business Alliance to determine if any previous delivery issues. Ask why on the Camaro Forum technical discussion board has negatives to say about Goat Hill Classics. Did you know that even the NCRS will not allow Goat Hill Classics to advertise. Ask yourself, why. This is not an honest company to do business with. Always check companies out first before you commit. The collector car industry is for fun and enjoyment, not to rip individuals off to make a quick buck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xplantdad For This Useful Post:
bergy (02-25-2021), L72Biscayne (02-28-2021), olredalert (02-26-2021), X66 714 (02-25-2021)