View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

"72nova" is a coworker of mine. We don't work Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays -hence the "silence". I had asked him to join this site and instructed him to politely ask for examples of partial VINs from 03D Norwood blocks. I've only ever posted about one car on here and if I were to suddenly start asking about partial VINs on March Norwood blocks, it would be pretty obvious to anyone who could put two and two together why I was asking. I feel It would be unethical -that I would be doing the car and it's owner a disservice- to cause it's authenticity to come under scrutiny in a public venue such as this. But alas, the car's owner doesn't care what anyone thinks -so here goes...The reason I am looking for examples on partial VINs is because the partial VIN on the block has come into question. The font style of the stamping isn't "known" to certain people in the community. There seems to be a lot of people in this hobby that seem to think that they "know" everything no matter how obvious it is that they don't. The font style IS however, "known" to the man who was hired to authenticate this car and it has been "known" to him for many years. I will not mention his name out of respect for his privacy and because I don't wish to bring him into this shit-show. I will say only that he is extremely knowledgeable and his reputation is impeccable. So far we have at least 4 examples of this VIN stamping font from cars assembled in the same time frame. Contrary to what was so rudely suggested, I searched this site for almost 3 hours and was only able to come up with one example. I didn't feel that I could ask straight out what I was looking for, but had hoped that the members of this site would be kind enough to help a guy out.
If I were going to "do a forgery" I wouldn't be on here asking for info on how to go about it. I'd have done it in a "known" font and it would be done "textbook" for everyone who parrots and regurgitates the "known" to eat up. This car was wrecked in '77 and has sat untouched ever since. It's entire history is known. All of the previous owners are still around. The disassembly process was well documented...literally thousands of photos and plenty of witnesses. I'm not "forging" anything. The car is legit, it's "born with" engine is legit and it will be proven so.

Thank you to those of you who were helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremy clark For This Useful Post:
X66 714 (08-02-2021)