View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,762 Times in 742 Posts

I just went through this last spring.

After 16 years of use I had some salt pitting on the floor that I needed to address...…….and like most car projects it evolved into something larger........a garage refresh with new lighting, paint, furnace, and some other things....

I work in the commercial construction business and chose to use a SikaFloor system based on recommendations from a vendor that I had 25 years of good experience with. It is a 3 step, seeded system. First day they come and grind the floor and install the base color and chips, second day an initial clear coat and more chips, 3rd day a final gloss clear coat.

Not inexpensive for sure, but very happy with the results and performance. I did not want to mess with the home store do it yourself kits that start to fail after 10 years or so. Very impact resistant with floor jacks, jackstands, dropped impact sockets (just used them last night), highly resistant to everything I have put on it so far (melting salt water from cars, oil, grease, gasoline, mineral spirits, etc.)
Attached Images

Dykstra Motorsports

Last edited by RPOLS3; 01-03-2020 at 02:32 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (01-18-2020), MosportGreen66 (01-04-2020), olredalert (01-03-2020), seventieshow (01-04-2020)