View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Thanked 1,406 Times in 675 Posts

Is this where we vent about bad dealers? If so, here goes. I bought a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor new in 2005 at the local MB dealer in my town. Got a better deal there than the other dealer I went to, so I was happy. One day I took my car in for service and while waiting for my service manager in the drive-in portico, I saw them bringing in a CLK on a tow truck, rear end first. The tow truck driver was moving pretty good through the service area (faster than he should have) and the front spoiler of the CLK got snagged on the bolted down speed bumps and ripped that thing off with so much force that it shot across three bays. Everyone was watching as it made a pretty loud sound when it came off, but the truck kept going. I looked around for a couple minutes and everyone else just kept on working and minding their own business including all of the service managers, so I went over and picked it up. I saw the woman come around after they dropped her off from the tow truck and went up to her and told her about the spoiler and that she better get the drivers information. She said she was appreciative that I picked it up for her, especially because it had the community gate transponder still zip tied to it. Obviously she was pretty ticked off about the whole deal, and she said she hated the dealer. She said the last time she was there she came in for servicing and they told her she needed tires. She agreed but they wanted to charge her $1600+ for four new ones, so she said she thought she could get a better deal elsewhere and left. She went down the road to Costco right after that and got them for about $800, so while she was in their waiting room she saw the same guy who just told her $1600+ at the MB dealership drive in with another Benz to get tires at Costco. When he came in, she just stood up and looked at him, and he said, "Oh, oops, I guess you got us." They were taking the cars to Costco for the tires and mounting and doubling the price for their customers. What a scam.

The owners of this dealership had a son who was bad news and a few years later were told to sell the dealership and move back to Germany or the son was going to jail.
Craziness all around.
John 10:30