View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 11:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 6,015 Times in 2,931 Posts

An aftermarket rear is never a bad idea but IMO you don’t need any of that at the power level you’re after. IIRC c clip eliminators are mandated only if you’re breaking into the 10s. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Yes Tony,

Have already looked at C-clip axles and they won't cut it with tech now days. Car should make near to 500 horse and anyone who knows me knows I enjoy side stepping the clutch at 4K. This car will see the track on occasion and in order to meet tech it's going to need c-clip eliminators or a conversion to 9" ends as it will be running slicks. Either that or if I want to step it up, a complete housing upgrade. (I can already hear the cheers)

I have considered a Moser 9" or maybe run a heavier Dana 60 and might go that route if I need a carrier and/or a new gear set. I'll know more on that next week and that may just be the option I choose so go easy here guys. I do not want a broken axle or torn up quarter panel just for the sake of saving an original set of axle tubes in a car that will never see the light of being a numbers car ever again.