View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Re: BEWARE OF THE FIDDLEBACK SPIDER

OMG that looks TERRIBLE! I hope she's doing better soon. For as bad as it is, thank goodness it's not on her face!

We have trouble with the fiddlebacks here too. I got bit on the neck last year and it made a nasty sore spot but nothing like what its done to Sherri. Glenn had the flu one night and I didn't want to sleep with him so I decided to sleep in one of the seldom used guestrooms. I woke up feeling something crawling on me, swatted it and then got up to see what it was. When I saw it was a fiddleback, needless to say I went back to sleep with the sick guy! I called the exterminator the next day and he came and put out several of the glue traps you mention. A few days later I checked on them and the ones under that bed were literally covered with them!! Must have been 30-40! I think they had been nesting in the box springs or something. We now keep glue traps all around the house, under the beds and sofas etc. I occasionally trap one but not very often any more so I think we have pretty much eradicated them from the inside of the house. The exterminator said spraying only chases them from one location to another, but the glue traps seem to have worked well.