View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Jim,

Interesting, but I think that tray was replaced, no? It’s a uniform color, no overspray around it if it was shot in the car, and there is one body color bolt on the forward portion of the tray. If that tray was blacked out in the car there would definitely be more overspray around it, I’d think. Just throwing that out there. You can see the overspray on the inner fender from the fender black out (top portion crisp, lower portion not so much), so I’d think that if the tray was blacked out inside the car there would be a little a little haze around it everywhere.

Inner portions of that area show overspray undercoating from the wheel well since the cam adjuster covers were not installed during that time. The covers when installed, squished the undercoating remnants that were sprayed around it sloppily. It was like that on my Bee as well. These clues are fun stuff!!

I know, I know...I’m dragging my feet! But I’m back from getting my Instructor ratings reinstated so now I can teach you to fly so you can get down here and supervise all this trivial stuff followed by adult beverages!

Back on Reserve the next 6 days. More updates to come with color hopefully by the weekend!

Cheers
Dave