Thread: Zl1 #4 $380,000
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have no idea how to predict a market, stock market or classic cars etc. I have seen a change in muscle hobby for sure. For me to see the direction it’s going is kind of sad. I love muscle cars and Corvette’s. Always have and always will. They breathe life in me at times when life gets a bit crazy. That being said I just returned from Fall Carlisle and Hershey Pa swap meets two weeks ago. I’ve attended them both since the mid 1980’s. Carlisle vendor spaces seemed to be at most 65-70 percent of capacity. Back in the day there was a years long waiting list to sell there. Prime vendor spots are inside the 3 buildings at the fairgrounds. This year the main building had several empty spots and I saw someone selling socks inside this prime location. I’m 52 years old, plenty of guys my age and older still attended however very few younger people walking The aisles. I have come to know lots of these vendor/sellers over the years. So many of them tell me this is my last show. Reason being “I’m getting to old” and it’s not worth it anymore. Again, this is said to watch these incredible swap meets dwindling to what they have become. That being said I will continue to walk the swap meets till I am no longer able to. Buying parts that I don’t really need, but convincing myself “ just Incase I need it someday “. I will drive the hell out of my cars till I can no longer push in a clutch pedal or pull them into my garage with Manual steering. If you are lucky enough to own one of these great cars , drive it as much as possible. If your at a cruise night and a small kid walks by with his parents open the door and let him sit behind the wheel. They are our future. Rob
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rumbleguts396 For This Useful Post:
bigjake (10-31-2018), camarojoe (11-02-2018), dykstra (10-29-2018), PeteLeathersac (09-01-2020), ZLP955 (10-29-2018)