View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 02:56 AM

Igo...I would like to see the photos of the 9C1 Novas. I have posted a ton of stuff about them over on Steves Nova Site (SNS) in the Registry I created for them.

I bought a '77 Nova 9C1 for $400 five years ago after spotting it on CL-Phoenix, and flew out from Columbus 3 days later to buy it from a young Hispanic guy who had been given the car by an older guy he did landscaping for. Its beat-up condition is how I got my nickname "9C1 Beater". I found the build sheet for it above the gas tank and posted a lot of info on that car (and many other real 9C1 Novas). There was very little info on Nova 9C1s on the Internet prior to the Registry, and much of it was flat-out wrong. Plus, no one really knew how many were left, so I decided the best way to figure that out was listing every single one known to exist. I found Harry Hammond in Fenton, MI through an Internet search and got a lot of info from him...a great guy. There are now 21 4th Gen 9C1 Novas, and one 3rd Gen in the Registry...it is the best resource on the Internet for info on these rare and special cars. They are considered by most police car aficionados to be the greatest Chevy police car ever built.

It was because of the Registry that Woody Smith's daughter Nancy notified me about the existence of her dad's gold '74 Nova police car. It is the earliest Nova police car known to exist...the only 3rd Gen survivor out of 17 built. I plan to list all of its special engine and suspension parts in here. It seems to generate more interest on here than on SNS.

Last edited by 9C1Beater; 12-29-2018 at 07:27 AM.