View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
The order number does not appear on Pontiac Motor Division Fisher body trim tags.

Have you ever had any conversation with Jim Mattison from PHS about digitizing those records?
Hi Keith, sorry my statement about the tags was too 'General'. I was referring to just Chevrolet Fisher bodies. Its interesting however that the '69 Camaro and Firebirds were assembled on the same line. It is my understanding that the Camaro body# on the trim tag started at ~100000 and the Firebird maybe around ~500000 for that year. So whats the number on the 'bird??

I've never met Jim M. It appears that his company was contracted to located the missing Chevy records (Corvette Forum post) There was also a LOT of discussion about it right here on sYc Some shipping records of course were eventually found and I believe he was the one who located them. But its another eight years later or so before the NCRS offered a service for their members Corvettes. During that time GM takes PHS to court over the ownership of the Pontiac records but it took a Court of Appeals decision to get them back.

Its quite the drama.