View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: BFG Radial TA's vs. GY Polyglas bias plys

I used to run BF Goodrich T/A radials on a Nova I had. I did like the look but now that I see them on a lot of cars....I hate them. To me it's the easy way out. IMO

I REALLY like the correct tires on a car if that's the direction you want to go. If it's aftermarket.....make it look like you would back in the day. It's not like we put 15,000 miles on these cars a year. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

In other words.....it will look a lot better with the correct tires with very little sacrifice. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

I'm personally running M/T bias ply ET Streets on 15X8 wheels in the back and bias ply Moroso tires on 15X4 Cragars up front. It can be a little challenging but I love the look. And......when I want to accelerate.......it HOOKS!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

I also have a set of Mickey Thompson Indy Profile L60/14 in the rear and F70/14 up front for a different look. That combination rides/drives pretty good....better than the other set up.....it just doesn't look as mean. Although it feels like I gained 100 horsepower compared to the other setup. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Kurt [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint