Thread: day 2 wheels?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Can't recall if it was the Super Tricks or the Bogart's that I was warned about, but I was told the are "not recommended" for street use as they could separate from normal turning and street use and that they were also to soft of metal to absorb the potholes and would ultimately fail or separate? I was further told they were designed for straight line use only?

Other race wheels like Centerline and Weld were supposedly constructed much differently where I was told they were better suited for street use because of the differences in mfg technologies?

Any truth to that, or any concerns with using the older and lighter 4" wheels on street cars?
Yes this is true Bogart's are lighter and more fragile, I broke a super trick wheel on that 65 Malibu in my picture! I used to flat tow the Malibu with the super tricks up front,shortly after that I bought an old ramp truck and no more towbar or tow hubs, this car won't see much regular street car use and the roads around here are pretty good so it should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to freddyg For This Useful Post:
NorCam (07-18-2019)