View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Moving forward, I'm just about ready for cab extrapolating procedures to commence on Old Blue. I found the VIN on the frame and it's a truck originally delivered to Dallas. Which makes sense since, well, I'm close to Dallas and there's a gun rack in the back window! After some research, apparently options were regional based. The ones delivered to Philly had a cheesesteak holder in the glovebox. San Fran trucks has daisy vase on the dash

The flathead, while cool, will not be going into the newly restored Bowen Ranch truck. After deliberations, extensive meetings and several conference calls, we're sticking with the 289. However, the flatty will be used! After whoever buys it off craigslist rebuilds it, that is. It actually in pretty good shape. I added oil to the cylinders and lifter valley and it does turn by hand. I snapped a stud off, but luckily it snapped with enough of a nub that I welded a nut on and was able to get the stud out. That Jalopbox of a transmission..... that's another story.

More to come next week!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 06-22-2019 at 05:10 AM.