View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 06:39 AM

Kurt, the build sheet says "COPO OPTIONS", and Harry Hammond told me it was built with Z28 parts. I have put a GM document on here which shows that GM engineers were discussing putting Z28 parts on it. The COPO Nova (both 3rd and 4th Gen versions) has been written about in books, magazines, and is well-known as having been produced with Z28 parts. I have shot you down twice with GM documents that are impossible to refute, so I figure you are either a complete doubter of any hard evidence, or you have some form of Alzheimer's. The first attempt at a Nova police car in 1973 was basically a 4-door SS, and it didn't pass the LASD's braking and handling tests, so there goes that idea. What do you think Harry and Jim were doing at the Tech Center on the 2nd car...building yet another 4-door SS? That was when they started with a bare shell and built it from the ground up with Z28, Chevelle, truck, and full-size Chevy parts (and had someone there weld up some really trick 6-leaf rear springs). Have you ever seen another 3rd Gen Nova with a Z28 dual snorkel air cleaner (that is because it is a COPO car...it borrows parts from other GM cars to make a better version of itself). What do you think Harry and Jim were doing at the GM Proving Ground in Milford for 2 months...having a looonnnggg coffee break? This is not only a COPO car, it is also a BRASS HAT car...both verified with GM documents...ordered, built, and delivered in TWO WEEKS...and yet it's really nothing special, just a 4-door SS. Since a COPO 427 Camaro is basically just a Z28 with a 427 and a curved neck radiator added, does that mean it's nothing special?...remember, those were just parts laying around the factory (to use your words).

You might be celebrated as some sort of genius over on CRG, but you come across here as a complete fool. Please go away and bother someone else with your nonsensical and illogical drivel.

PS...this is just a guess, but I don't think SIX LEAF REAR SPRINGS were available in the plant...touché!

Last edited by 9C1Beater; 01-23-2019 at 07:29 AM.