View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 02:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts
Default Oddball electronic stuff

I KNOW none of you knuckleheads ever do anything like this. I recently was high bidder on a public surplus auction from the aircraft tech training center. One large lot of "tools and parts". Quite the description. I am very pleased with what I got. I got about 9 Snap On hacksaws and one Lennox hack saw. Two Wilton Bullet Vises and a 6 inch Wilton Vise that hasn't even been used. A fourth vise base that fits who knows what. There were three green plastic boxes that were described as "green case tools". Hmm. Turned out to each contain a nearly new Hitachi router. Gave two away to kids and kept one for me. The "box of assorted sockets" (no pic) turned out to be two sets of Snap On 3/8 deep sockets from 5/16 to 1 inch and 10 or so 1/4 inch drive sockets, along with two Snap On extensions. Those will come in handy since I need to outfit both my shop and my garage with a full set of tools. I could sell one bullet vise and almost recoup my money. But, with the new workshop, I have plans for all three.

Problem is with all the crap I had to haul off. Out of 20 hammers (mostly disintegrating dead blows) only 3 were usable. 25 to 30 drafting "T" squares, and 7 drafting boards. 25 or so EMPTY Snap On cases, mostly for torque wrenches. I am going to list those on CL for free before I take them to the recycler. 50 or so little dry eraser boards. Hoping the local school system can use them.

That's great Lynn. Why are you telling us about your good fortune in the "Pay it Forward" ads?

I did get a bunch of electronics "stuff" that I have no use for. I listed most on ebay really cheap. I did not list the 66 rolls of "Test Probe Wire". It is very flexible, 20 gauge wire in 20 foot rolls. All are red. No reason you can't use it for regular wiring. I can only use so much of this stuff. Anyone who wants five rolls can have it for the shipping. I am going to keep 10 or 20. I know I will find a use for it within a year of giving it away, right?

Also, the stuff I listed on ebay is here:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/camarolynn/...p2047675.l2562

Disregard the Hemi tune up card.

If any of you want up to five of any of those electronic items, they are yours for actual shipping cost. I don't know what I am going to do with 190 miniature Audio Output Transformers.

PM me if interested.
Attached Images

PeteLeathersac (07-03-2018), SS427 (07-03-2018), Xplantdad (07-03-2018)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry DSCN6472.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...