View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
Hi Guys,

Looking to purchase a ride on lawn mower within the next couple weeks and was hoping to tap into your experience.

Brand?
Specs?
Must haves?
Anything to stay away from?

Thanks,
Dan
I have a Toro Timecutter 60” zero turn. I switched from a JD 425 60” tractor to the zero turn. I mow about 2 1/2 acres, so you might not need that much deck width. If you’re buying a machine dedicated to mowing, buy a zero turn. If you need other attachments, buy a tractor.

Toro bought out Exmark a few years ago and my mower was built at a former Exmark plant in Beatrice, NE. Toro builds their own engines and I understand these days that they’re building engines in both the US and China.

The Timecutter 60” is a mid range mower, high end if the homeowner line and low end of the commercial. It has the hydraulic pumps and motors of the next two models above it.

Mine is about 4 years old and so far, it’s a great mower. The cut quality is far superior to any tractor mower.

I sold for Caterpillar for 30 years, so try to buy quality products. I buy from dealers and stay away from the junk the big box stores sell.

I looked at a Skag, one of the best, but sort of overkill for residential use. I have a friend that has a Husky and likes it, but I don’t think it’s Toro/Exmark quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vern B For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (07-12-2021)