View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:05 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427strato View Post
There were a number of Toronto dealers that sold a considerable amount of COPO cars. I purchased my 69 COPO Chevelle from B&A Chevrolet in Sept. 69 when they were in Yorkville, just before they became Addison Chev-Olds and moved up to Avenue Rd. I remember the salesman Joe K----s telling me they had 5 copo chevelles that year, 2 green, 1 blue, 1 yellow, and an orange one that went to Barrie. At the time I was at the compound on Avenue Rd. they still had the 2 green ones, of which I bought the one and the blue one. In the back side window of my car was an 8 1/2 x11 inch paper that in large block letters said NO LABELS REQUIRED and there were none. He had a binder with copies of all of the invoices for all of the hipo cars he had sold. When I initially stopped at the dealership I was looking at a 70 Nova 375 hrs car in the front window which a friend of mine bought. Another friend purchased a brown 69 375 hrs at this time and another friend purchased a 69 Cutlass, 2 door sedan, 350 2 barrel 4 speed car. I never figured out why they had ordered this last car. The reason he bought the Olds is that is father would not co-sign for the red 70 LS6 they had brought in for stock. I remember speaking with Joe some weeks later and someone broke into the compound and stole the carb off of the LS6; go figure. Joe told me he had sold a number of COPO Camaros as well. I would love to have that binder now however I have not been able to locate him. I also remember that B&A advertised in 1968 in Wheelspin that they had a 68 Biscayne, 427-425 hrs car. They only imported 2 to Canada and this could be the car that just sold out of Paris, Ont.
Great history!!!

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31