View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 11:33 PM

Default Re: News from the Auction front.

Guys I might have missed this in this long thread. I am reading Automobile Magazine April 2003 issue and they have a "On the Block" section that has a couple of Barrett Jackson highlights. They feature a 1969 COPO. Here is the article verbatim.

1969 Chevrolet Camaro. S/N 124379N640481, engine 10423MN. Hugger Orange over black vinal. Central Office Production Order (COPO) installed 427-cubic-inch, 425 horse power V8 four speed. Dog-dish hubcaps, Z28 dual exhaust, 140-mph speedometer, cowl induction hood. Numbers matching, fully documented. restored to a very high standard.

Sold at $56,100. At the height of muscle-car madness, COPO Camaros were just about the baddest boys on the block. Only 1,000 were made but since they are so easy to fake, there are probably twice that many replica COPO's running around today. The value with this car was the combination of it's documented heritage and it's high quality restoration. Another $5,000 wouldn't have been suprising.

Guys doesn't that sound awfully cheap? I would think that in today's market that a COPO Camaro in that color if in fact it was "restored to a very high standard" and is "documented" would have brought more money. Does anybody have any info on this car? Did any of you see this car at the auction?