View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: BFG Radial TA's vs. GY Polyglas bias plys

It's funny on what we get used to.I made a deal with a guy a while ago to trade a GN for 1972 GS350 in North Carolina.The GS was original and in excellent shape.It had radials and drove as well as any 40 year old car should.The only problem I noticed was the road noice on the highway.Don't forget I just got out of a 1987 GN which is an excellent driving car and was quiet for a performance car.Pulling over in a truck stop for lunch,I checked the underpad and it was fine.Factory paint/tar on the floor and undercoated underneath.There was nothing wrong with the car.It's just the way they were.All I worked on at the time was GNs and I hadn't driven an old car in a few years.I owned and drove lots of A bodys back in the day.I thought they were the best driving cars at the time.

When you bought these cars new with Polyglas tires they drove fine.Even in the rain.No dought they drove and handled much better with radials,but we didn't know any better.The truck ruts weren't as bad back then and maybe the old shocks matched to the bias tires helped.I don't know.Half the time we had slicks and skinnies with 90/10s and no front sway bar.NP.lol.