View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 12:32 PM

I know a couple guys that are using them and of course they like the ease of setting it up, and the disable feature it provides. When the car is parked you can turn it off with your phone, and those guys seem to like that part.

As far as long term use and dependability, can't say for sure, hasn't been in use that long.

Only thing that bothers me is the cell phone thing. With all the updates and software changes happening so fast with phones, I just wonder how long before communicating with the distributor might become antiquated.

I struggled with this on a 4L80E swap I did and attempting to use a Compushift controller. It was designed for phone use wyfy only. I couldn't hook my laptop up to it at all. Decided I didn't like that idea trying to tune a transmission with a little cell phone, especially the way I go through cell phones, and bought a US Shift controller instead that I can hardwire my laptop to and tune with a much larger screen in a more secure fashion.

Back to the distributor, for those really wanting easy electronic style tuning, I much rather prefer a bolt on EFI setup with the dual sinc distributor as a package deal. I can then control both fuel and timing through my laptop, and the tuning and features are endless. I've done this on 2 of the cars here and it's been a pretty sweet setup, and if installed properly with a dummy mechanical pump and fuel lines, you can't even tell it's EFI once the ZL2 air cleaner is installed.

Just my take on this stuff

PS, I'm still a die hard carb and mechanical distributor guy though

Last edited by x33rs; 08-25-2021 at 12:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
69b5bee (08-25-2021), dustinm (08-25-2021), jerry455 (08-25-2021)