Thread: Harrell Website
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Harrell Website

Tom,

I actually just joined that website today to view the photos they posted, so I'm certainly not a "member" or in the "good old boys club" of either there or here for that matter. While I think there are some very juvenille people on the Harrell site (especially as evidence by one person's stupid name calling post..with little to nothing to add, except when he post..we all get to look at a very nice Corvette Bronze 1968 Camaro) I must admit though after looking at the photos they posted, there seems to me to be quite a bit of differences to the pics "USA1" posted and your car. I'm not trying to start anything, but like someone posted this website and its' posters have sometimes gone out of its'/their way to document legit cars and to expose (for lack of a better term) clones or recreations. As someone that appreciates when a truly legit car is found, I would be interested as many I'm sure would be what documentation (paperwork) you have saying the car you have is a/the DH car? I know in the past I was asked to provide docs on the various cars I've owned, especially as I posted replies from an "experts" position..meaning when someone asked a question and I answered and was perceived as an "expert" (I'm certainly not one however..) people wanted to know what docs I had to back up my post..I always sent them if requested...

Please keep in mind I'm not trying to discredit you or the car, but as a student of history, and being versed in research methods I appreciate "detective work"..it seems at least one guy on that site has done a lot of work and based soley on his pics presented IMHO raised some serious questions...

Being from Missouri..I'm sure you know the motto...

What documentation do you have that the FC you have is a/the 1968 DH car?

I know my post might seem out of line to some, but I feel necessary as in this market full disclosure is needed, especially with such a historical car.

For what it is worth..I hope your car turns out to be the DH car, as it is extremely cool, but if not it is still a very cool old drag car...one I'd love to have in my garage any day of the week..

Respectfully,

G S Carlson