View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Yep, the 289 survived on the long block, but the externals reverted to a more molten state. Which really made removal of all the parts pretty easy! But we're probably going the flathead route!

Old frame painted, and the best part about that? I'll need to repaint when I grind off the 289 mounts and install the flattie mounts. I prefer to rework things a few times before getting it right. Anyone can do things once! Guys like Mikey and such. Man, they do this hobby no justice!!

So now with the shop covered in soot, what better icing on top than to add some rat droppings, mud, sticks, broken glass, beer bottles, and a whole lot of assorted whatnot! Most of these bolts came out as easily as the other truck, with one exception: they all snapped. But, that's OK. The doors, cab corners/ rockers/jambs are all mint! Floor? Mmmmm.. not so much. But that's an easy fix. I'll have this down to the frame next week.

Kroil in the cylinders and the motor turned over by hand. Time to yank this bad boy out! More to come.....

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (06-13-2019)