View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hello Lynn,

I read the article and one thing that I don't agree with is:

"Claiming warranty based on out-of-roundness is generally very difficult. Manufacturers seem to have proprietary standards of how much variation is acceptable. They also vary depending on tire size and most manufacturers keep this data secret. Plus, their "acceptable" variations are way too high, so even tires deemed as "acceptable" cause major front-end shaking and they won't replace them."

Anytime we have ever sent in a defective tire (no matter what brand) for warranty / not in specs, we always send with the tire a printed report from the Hunter Road Force balancer showing the reason why and have never had a problem. I guess it all depends on the Tire distributor who sold you the tire. I can't state it enough times, this Road Force balancer I bought (12 years ago when it came out?) is a real problem solver when diagnosing and correcting vibrations and radial tire pull with new or used tires. You can tell the machine that the next (4) tires are going on the same car, and it will tell you where to put them for least pull, vibration and best ride. In my opinion there is no better brand of tire and alignment equipment than Hunter, period. It even has it's own web site: gsp9700.com And no, I do not work for Hunter engineering.

Bill

Last edited by Big Block Bill; 01-30-2024 at 07:40 PM.