View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSSfan View Post
Is there anywhere to find NOS comfortweave material? Also, I have original seats in my vert, but a few seams are popping simply because the thread got dried out from the sun. The vinyl is fine. Can these seams be sewn back together?
Yes the seams can be resewn, remove the seat and take it to your local auto trim shop, they can usually pull back the cover and restitch, or even replace a panel which is ripped or torn.

The seat covers listed above were made with NOS comfortweave material long ago... IMHO they are worth what they are asking...given that a new set is running 1300.
I have just ordered a set of 1973 Nuetral comfortweave seat covers made using the NOS original neutral comfortweave from SMS and they are charging 1300 to make them FROM my originals...

SMS has the fabric, they stated they have recently acquired a couple of other suppliers and only integrated their supplies together in the last few months. PErsonally I ordered a few yards of NOS COMFORTWEAVE in Red, Black, and Bright Blue as I want to do a 69-70 Vette with bright blue comfort weave and either a Camaro or Corvette or maybe a GTO with Red Comfortweave.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

Last edited by firstgenaddict; 03-19-2019 at 07:26 PM.