Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Harrell FC

Following a couple of attempts at SCR7, I finally was able to put together a full pass. Tonight, during the Funny Car Reunion in ST. Louis, under the lights, I finally got my act togehter, at least a little bit. Nothing earth shattering but OK. 1.376 60', 6.742 1/8 @ 89.83. What was bad, the car running in front of me had a blower explosion and the body was blown off. I was sitting in my car getting ready to fire it when I saw the body go airborne. Talk about getting your attention.

Dale Pulde, wrenching/driving Dan Doran's car ran a 6.20 @220+. I beleive that was low qualifier.

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 98616-piston4.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-11-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Harrell FC

Tom,

Sounds like you are getting things sorted out, nice 60' time. Keep us posted on whats going on. I thought Dale would be the guy to beat.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:36 PM

Should have put Val in your seat so she could spank Dale with her Dad's car !! J/K !Sounds like a good time..take some pics of the vintage F/C's
Old 09-11-2004, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the update Tom. Really enjoyed listening to the FC fire up at the reunion. It does'nt really matter how fast you get the ol' girl going, as it is just great to see and hear it going down the track! Stick with it!
Peter
Old 09-12-2004, 01:10 AM

I just returned from the track and while I was talking to Val I noticed Dale busting his ass to get the car ready for tonights run... Not only is Dale doing all the prep work to the car he is also driving it ... He might have a low ET right now but hats off to that guy for not only wrenching on his car but driving it as well... Heres to you Dale , by the way, all the funny cars look f--king awesome... I finally got to see the Kirby car, and its coming along great, hopefully next year he will bring it to the reunion and run it down the track for us.. Also while I was talking to Val I mentioned she and Dale should come to next years reunion... That is a hint Tom??? Harrell show!!! What do you think? Mark
Old 09-12-2004, 08:32 PM

Saturday was even more fun. Got to make a pass under the lights again during the semis, with a nice crowd on hand. Made my best pass yet, lowing my 60' to 1.3 and ET @ 6.67. The MPH was down as I dropped a cylinder 3/4s the way through. The best part is the return to the pits, as the FCs return in front of the grand stand, with the bodys up. Lots of thumbs up and applause from the crowd.

Watching Pulde and the other nitro boys trash to get their cars ready, then seeing them thunder down the track at under 7 seconds is amazing. Racing nostalgia funnycars is alot like what we do, where everyone lends everyone else a hand.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:37 PM

Got any pics to share ? What car does Dale run ???
Old 09-12-2004, 08:44 PM

Sorry, no pics, forgot the camera. Dale was there to tune Don Horan's '66 Mustang nitro car, but Dan was unable to leave CA, so Dale had to both tune and drive. A couple of other crew members were no shows as well, so Libby and Kalwie gave Dale a hand.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:46 PM

Sounds like your having a great time Tom, your car looks great as well and fits in with the rest of the pack... I wish I didn't forget my camera at home, what a site to see all those funny cars lined up in the pits... Hell as you walked down the row of funny cars you wouldn't even have know you were at a MOPAR SHOW????? Keep it straight Tom, and good luck on the motor... Mark
Old 09-12-2004, 10:17 PM

Here's a link to some pics.

http://www.pbase.com/dad2kah/funny_c...s&amp;page=all