Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-16-2002, 05:36 PM

Default investment quality low mile cars ebay no reserve

any interest here in these low mile investment quality cars?
let me know if i can help. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1851046408

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1851060196

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1851065227

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-17-2002, 12:50 AM

Default Re: investment quality low mile cars ebay no reserve

Put me down for one of each! There used to be a guy in the Mpls/St. Paul area who used to street race one of those '89 Aniv. T/A's. The thing was just brutal! He'd roll in to the race area (Red Rock or the Lafayette Bridge (52) frontage road), crack the hatch pull out his slicks, purge his nitrous system and 'take names'. The thing just squatted a bit and launched like a rocket. I've wanted one ever since.

-Mark Holman
Old 08-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,005 Posts

Mark,
Do you ever get over to Ruttles or run into the Madison Lake boys? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 08-18-2002, 10:06 PM

They just bulldozed Ruttle's to make way for a Wallgreens (?). The 'drive-in' has moved across the street to the Buster's parking lot on Thursday evenings. I haven't been up there in awhile as I usually work nights (DJ'ing). I'm planning on running up there this Thursday w/ my girlfriends son. There's some nice rare rides that make it up there (L-78 Nova, 70 W-30 ragtop, SD T/A's, and Mopars etc). It's really a good turnout for a 16K population city. I'm still bummed about missing the CC Nats this year. Starter puked on me that Sunday morning. I'm currently trying to find out when the St. Peter show is, that's a pretty big show w/ a great swap meet. As for the 'Madison Lake boys', I bet I've met them at some point. What kind of rides?

Old 08-18-2002, 11:22 PM

Bummer! I hadn't heard that. Is the L-78 Nova black?

The ML guys cars consist of a Hugger Orange with black vinyl roof 69 RS Camaro, 69 SS396 Hugger Orange Camaro, Candy Red El Camino, small block Vega, Orange (If I recall) '50 something Chevy truck, etc, etc. They are all big time drag racers and typically bring 8-10 cars to Thunder Valley and other strips.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:00 AM

Not a bummer yet...the show goes on. Yeah, the black L-78 "Plain Jane" w/ dog dish hubcaps and little else. Some of the cars you mentioned ring true in my recollection. They didn't call themselves 'the Outlaws' racing team by chance? If so, I've met those guys a few times. They offered to trailer my '72 Z to IA (my budget oriented paranoia) as they said that they usually have space for an extra car to help out others. If it's the guys that I'm thinking of, I met them at T.J. Finnegan's (the longest consistently running comedy show in MN) 'Comedy Night' that I emcee on Sunday nights. I haven't seen those guys in a while but will keep an eye out this Thursday...providing the rain lets up that is.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:12 AM

On another note...I drove through Madison Lake today and there's a service 'yard'/used car place on HWY 60 that I've always meant to check out. They've always had some muscle era Mopars out there...never remember to budget time to go check it out. I spotted a 68-69 Roadrunner out there today that looked rough but salvageable. Everything there looks like a 'work in progress' which only serves to pique my curiosity. As for that Vega...I'm wondering if it was the primered sb car I saw scooting around Mankato a few years back. I wanted to talk to the owner but couldn't tail him in my shi**y Cavalier beater of the time. I've had a weak spot for those things since I saw saw Ron Flood's toxic green car lift the front wheels on the streets of Eagan in the early 80's.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:09 PM

I do not believe these guys go by the name "Outlaws" though they likely should as that is what they are. I will get some names and pass them on to you to see if you know any of them. Do you know "Bim" the car collector and owner of Slumberland?

I too have wanted to stop by that shop on Highway 60. It has been that way for almost 20 years and he always has many Mopars parked in and around. He recently aquired a '70 Chevelle body and frame that I had been eyeballing for quite some time. You snooze, you lose. Also, that is not the same Vega.

I will shoot you some names off line when I get them as this is getting way off topic and I am not being fair to Bryan and his original topic. Sorry Bryan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2002, 04:11 AM

Yes I too have stopped by that shop. A friend of mine owns the gas station right on hwy 60 there. Lots work in progress. The wife don't like me going over there. Haven't seen the Chevelle frame yet though, oh well don't need another project yet. I have a bunch of friends that go to Busters for the car shows or roll in's on Thursdays. One owns 47 Chevy with a blown 409 stuffed in it. One other owns a "70" GTO Judge Sierra Yellow, very clean car.Have you both SS427 and Fhakya made it to any of the sYc shows. I've made it to the last three and going to this years, the wife gets A little bored though. But I explained to her that I can't miss the shows. I have some pics of the shows. They didn't turn out to bad either. Just plane LOVE those Super Cars. Is there anything better? Well sorry also Bryans.