Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-18-2003, 09:37 PM

Default Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay/Second Thread

Ok folks, seems to be a big interest in what happened and all. any [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] name calling and all will cut this one short. I ask all to keep it clean and if the need comes to E-mail instead of using the fourm.

Has come to my attention also that I failed to give CLint a way to respond if full view of the members here which all got to read the post from QuickRod1. Again <font color="red"> CLEAN </font> is the word.

As Joe Friday says Just the Facts!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

Post that started the Thread
<font color="red">Mr Yenko

Reged: 07/19/00
Loc: Fishkill, N.Y.
Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay.....
11/15/03 02:49 PM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

Just watched a 69 Camaro "Z-10 Pace car" sell for $8,800 with a yenko vin, 124379N614924.Can someone tell me what they think? e-bay auction #2441534073
The Mayor
</font>
-------------
<font color="green"> Clint_69

Reged: 10/13/02
Loc: Iowa
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [ReSYenko]
#57646 - 11/16/03 04:16 PM Edit Reply Quote

Here is the story. I, like others, saw Brian's post about the car. I too have some Yenko numbers and saw on my list that the car in question did not belong to Mark H. Seeing that the auction had stopped, I emailed the seller my telephone number and stated that if the high bidder did not want the car, to please give me a call. He responded to me, just like he did Brian and stated that the car was still for sale and that the high bidder had backed out. The seller emailed me his phone number and told me to contact him if I was interested. I woke up this morning to the seller calling ME. He asked if I was interested in the car and we struck the deal. I immediately went to my office and faxed him the purchase agreement (signed by both the seller and myself)and gave him a large deposit on the car. In several conversations I have had with hime today, he has received other phone calls of people offering to buy the car. After every phone call that he has received, he has called me back letting me know what was going on and at this point he refuses to release any information about the car or the transaction. He stated that he feels bagered. He has told me not to sweat it, that the car is mine, he has my money, he signed the agreement and the only way he would give someone else the opportunity to buy is if I do not go through with the transaction. Obviously, I will not pass on the deal. If you choose to call him back Brian, and I am sure you will,he will tell you it is not for sale, period!. My understanding is that he told you, that unless I backed out, this car is not for sale. When you posted this in an open forum, I acted on it and anyone who read it had an equal opportunity. I am greatful to have purchased the car but I would suggest keeping this information low key if you are actively pursuing a deal. As I have said before, this site is a GREAT resource for information. So I guess I owe you a thanks. So thanks!
</font>

---------------
<font color="blue">Clint_69

Reged: 10/13/02
Loc: Iowa
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:MotownMadman]
#57797 - 11/17/03 10:58 AM Edit Reply Quote

Wow, what can I say? This is one screwed up deal. Even yet this morning, the seller is still receiving emails and phone calls (he don't know how people got his number). Yes he knows it is a Yenko, yes he knows it's value and no he is still not selling the car to anyone but me. The car is paid for and was purchased by me and is being picked up shortly. I am sad to say that many people have attempted to screw me on this deal. He had received email from at least 10 people. I did not undercut anybody, I am not quickrod. This was anybody's deal to lose I just reacted quicker than most and sealed the deal. Nobody sent me an email stating they were working a deal, nobody had even talked to the seller when he contacted me and nobody has told me since I bought the car that I screwed them. That being said, allot of people have tried to screw me. Brian Henderson, why were you still sending this guy emails last night telling him that you were the second highest bidder and that you want the car? Why, because you were trying to screw me when you knew I had sealed the deal. You do nice work on these cars but if you were the last restoration shop on earth, you would not get my business. How about you Brian Potter? Why are you still trying to screw me? Neither of you guys even know me. Because you guys are stupid enough to let the car go, you want to try to screw up a good thing for me. Brian, you had the car at $8700. Why did you not bid higher? You lost it fair and square. Brian Potter, why did you post it on the internet for all of the world to see? Not too brite if you wanted the car.You were concerned about Mark? BS, your motives are clear to me and they are about money. Brian Henderson, when the auction ended, you were out of the deal. It was fair game and you know it. When the seller tells me about the others who have contacted him since yesterday morning, I will know who you are. If you contacted him, do not EVER as me for a damn thing and I mean never. You have taken a clear stance against me. I have been in the Supercar arena for 1 year. Allot of my experiences have been good but this one has put a real bad taste in my mouth and I have formed many new opinions about how this group of people work. It is very sad to me because I love the cars. In these pages regarding this car, there have been many people who have been supportive and I thank you. These are the guys that I choose to associate with and who make the hobby good. I will continue to own and enjoy these cars as I have but unfortunately the group of people that I trust in this hobby has gotten allot smaller. Beware to anyone trying to work a deal on a purchase. I suggest you keep it quiet or the vultures will come!

</font>
--------------
<font color="orange"> bkhpah
Forum Leader

Reged: 03/30/00
Loc: Latrobe, PA
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:Clint_69]
#57826 - 11/17/03 02:42 PM Edit Reply Quote

First off, I was part of the original auction. I was a bidder on the car. You were not period. I have every right to pursue a car that was bid on and the high bidder backed away from. Why not. If the auction was a reserve met auction, and it was, and the original high bidder backs away, even though his bid is a binding and legal contract according to ebay the seller should contact those who bid on the auction first. My bid is also considered legal and binding. Stepping outside the underbidders and accepting an outside offer first is not the way the auction is set up. Simply put Clint, you used this site and Potter to get a car you were clueless about. Your true colors came out loud and clear. Your smack in Potters face response is clear to most. It seems you are OK with stepping on toes, but can't handle it when the tables are turned on you. What is different. You stepped over my real bid, to get to the car. I would only think its right for me to find out why my bid is no good. Enjoy the car Clint, I don't care, you won it fair and square...BKH
</font>

-----------
Quickrod1
stranger

Reged: 11/18/03
Loc: Elliott, IL
Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay..... [Re:bkhpah]
#57990 - 11/18/03 12:30 PM Edit Reply Quote

First off I am the real winner of the auction on Ebay!!!!!!!

I will tell a brief story of all that happened.

I talked to the seller on the 9th of May while the auction was still on with no reserve. We both eventually agreed for me to buy the car for $5500 and close the auction earily. But by the time he recieved the certified check on the 13th the reserve was met and let the auction ride till the end. So i purchased the car before it closed!!! Then I was still the winning bidder for $8800.09 at end of the auction! We agreed for me to pick it up on 28th. After the auction ended I got hammered with email!! First was Clint but nobody would tell me any info why? Then I got a call for the sell on the 17th that he sold it out from under me to someone!! But I had some cool new friends tell me who bought it out from under me and that was Clint!! Clint badgered the seller to sell it to him even though I had already purchaced the car days earilier in the week before he had a so-called contract with the seller. Now today the seller has agreed to give me the car that I legally won on Ebay and bought even before the auction had ended. END OF DISCUSSION I AM THE OWNER OF THE CAR AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I BOUGHT!!!!! Thanks for the help guys!!!

Duane

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 58191-bresee.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-18-2003, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay/Second Thread

HMMMM IT REALLY DOESN'T APPEAR THAT CLINT WAS INNOCENT ONE HERE AFTER ALL.... IT APPEARS THAT HE WAS THE ONE TRYING TO UNDERMINE THE DEAL.... JUST WHAT HE WAS ACCUSING BKH AND THE MAYOR OF [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] AT LEAST BKH WAS SECOND HIGH BIDDER WHEN IT WAS SAID THAT THE HIGH BIDDER BAILED OUT. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE MAYOR, THIS CAR WOULD OF GOT PAST OF ALL OF THE SO CALLED EXPERTS OUT THERE !!!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I knew something like this would end up happening. The seller could have cancelled the bids even after the reserve was met. This situation seems to be more of a common thing when you look at the Yenko Chevelle that was supposedly sold, the BM Nova that Kevin had a commitment on, and now this car. Hopefully this thing will work out in an organized and pleasant manner. Good thing I had just bought a 68 Camaro and have $489 to my name!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 PM

Hey Duane...congrats on the car...and hey...keep a real close eye on your newfound friends !!!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:44 PM

Clint, Brian and Duane,

Just my .02 cents . . . I used to buy and sell Camaros and other older Chevys around Atlanta years ago and the hunt for a prospect that could be bought cheap and sold to make some money was part of the fun. The cars I bought never got to the Yenko level, but did turn up a '67 Pace Car 396/375HP, '65 Impala SS 409 Conv. with air, and a 4-speed '69 Pace Car, among 30 or more others. I would beat guys here in town on some and they would beat me on others. We all got very creative on how to beat the others, but never threatened eachother like it seems some might be insinuating here.

I think according to EBAY, if the highest bidder doesn't take the car, then the next in line legally (according to the EBAY contract) has the first right to purchase the car. And I also guess the seller can pull the car off EBAY and sell it to a neighbor or someone that just calls or emails him with an offer he agrees to take. Duane, if you are getting the car then your highest bid makes me feel that maybe EBAY and their type of auction will work. If the seller can sell it out from under the highest bidder after the reserve has been reached then EBAY is at fault for dealing like this.

My thoughts are that each of you guys feel that you rightfully deserve the car and maybe a judge looking at all the facts in court might be better off suited to decide this one rather than us here. I think all three of you guys have a ligit claim to it.

One last thing, Clint, lighten up man . . . no one is trying to steal your first born, it is a car for crying out loud. YES, a Yenko, but . . . I say give these guys a break for being upset, you would be too. Brian and Duane, if EBAY lets the seller sell to whomever they want at any time of the auction, then I think you need to give Clint a break. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:16 PM

Jeff

Just curious what kind of 68 Camaro. Is it a hardtop, ragtop, SS, RS, SS/RS, Z28/RS, big block, small block? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Best of luck to the new owner, what a good surprise to have bought yourself a Yenko car!

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-18-2003, 10:54 PM

Congrats from me too! Most guys would agree that finding a Yenko for that price is everyones dream. In response to all the shinanagins going on; Just because you won an ebay auction, doesn't mean the seller has to sell. It is his car, and he can do what he wants with it, whether that be a private sale behind the high bidder's back, or something else. If the seller has good character, he will do the "right" thing.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:24 PM

You can DITO what Belair62 said!! CONGRATS!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:47 PM

Holy crap! Walk away for a few hours and look what happens. Here is the deal. The problem here is with the seller. I have and email sent to me from the sellers ebay account stating "the high bidder has backed out of the deal because of a lack of funds, call me immediately if you are interested". Fact! I then sealed the deal. Brian Potter has a very similar email that was sent to him after the auction was OVER (maybe Brian will attest to that). I have not once attempted to buy this car out from underneath anyone PERIOD! I never talked to quickrod (duane) until this afternoon so he could give me his stance onn this situation. I no longer blame Brian and Brian or anybody else for that matter based on the communication from the seller. As a matter of fact, the seller told me last night that he had the car sold to some other guy in NY for the amount of $25,000. I did not find out until this morning that quickrod was in the deal again. This car belongs to quickrod and I have no problem with that. It should have been his in the first place if the seller was honest. Why would the seller send out emails to me and other members of this site if the seller already had a check for $5500 from quickrod? BECAUSE HE WANTED MONEY! Sounds like the seller was motivated by money and was selling to the highest bidder even though he had legally binding contracts with myself and quickrod. So the answer is no, I did not try to buy this car out from underneath anyone. Since I am sure that quickrod has already got another deal to sell the car, I will open this up to a public auction. I am so frustrated with this deal!. Quickrod, I have $40,000 waiting here for you if you want to make a quick $35,000. Serious offer! Does anyone else want to step up? Let's go folks, there were at least 15 people trying to by it over the last two days. Again, I do not blame anyone but the seller unless there is a third party involved working through quickrod. Farone: Who the hell are you? Were you invloved in this deal? I didn't think so. Don't judge me if you do not know the details you freakin idiot! I have different words selected just for you ferone but I do not want my post deleted. Oh, I forgot to mention, the seller has all of my money, yesh, all $11,500. I only hope I can get it back.