Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,176 Posts
Default Re: '70 LS6 4900 MILES

Rick installed a 4:56 gear and the vacuum psi gauge in the dash when he drag raced it from 1970-77,among many other mods.
Sold it you & Buxbaum in 1977 w/2900 miles for 8K.
Horace bought it from you guys in fall of 1978 after the accident,and had it repainted & repaired by Vic.
Horace was going through a divorce in 1980 & sold it to Ray in Mich.,where it sat until 1995 when it was put up for sale in the Dupont registry by Ray.
I've been following this car along time and the list of owners is too long to post here.
I'm not saying who did what,but I documented this car in 1996 and recorded it all on videotape & paper at the time.
Someone stole it's build sheet that was given with the car in 1995.I have a copy of it and another was found under the carpet later on too.
It also came with a GM Arlington plant transit punch card originally.Someone stole that.I have a copy if it as well.
I was surprised to learn that some of it's dated components today are not the exact same day/month/year that were on it when I looked at it in 1995.
I can only suspect parts harvesting has taken place by some of it's past owners.