Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2023, 10:13 PM

(I'm probably gonna rant a bit so this might sound harsh- please understand I'm simply venting)

If that's the case, this pile is just going to sit for ten more years. I'm tired of cars at this point. I can't afford a rebuild. I can't *really* afford a cam and lifters but it sounds a lot less (immediately) expensive than a full rebuild.

I don't have the knowledge, the money, or the energy and patience to tear it apart further. I'm sick of every car I'm working on turning into a million more projects. I know they're old. I know it's never easy, I know that's just how it goes, but it wears me down. I also am coming to realize I'm not my grandfather and I (at least feel like I) have no business messing with this crap.

(I'm also in a crappy mood because I just found out the tailgate I bought for my Ram was only rust free because it's already been filled with bondo. So between that and just an overall crappy day, I'm over it all)

Again, I don't want to seem like I'm lashing out- y'all are right, it does probably need to come out and be fully redone- but I'm exhausted. And then I look back and realize how downright simple most of the issues it's had are to people with knowledge and experience, and I feel like a dweeb making mountains out of molehills. Feels like almost anyone else would have had this car running like a swiss watch 10 years ago

I don't know, I'm rambling and I'm tired. I guess frustrated is the best word.

The amusing part? This rant means nothing- in two days I'll be optimistic again.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 11-24-2023 at 11:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRC99 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (11-22-2023), PeteLeathersac (11-21-2023), Too Many Projects (11-21-2023)