Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: ls6 dual snorkel nos 68 72 chevelle nos trunk lid

I just relisted my old man a fre intake system..it was cancelled because I said I had the right to end the listing early at any time..cost me 26.00 to relist and you dont get back your listing fees.I relisted two other items and had to change the part where I accept m.o. or it wouldnt let me relist...I guess we play by their rules or go back to selling at swapmeets..and believe me that sucks.!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM

I have a few auctions scheduled to start Sunday, and while checking under ebays listing options they show HOW DO YOU WISH IT BE PAID?. One of the choices to check under Other payment methods is money order, another is check. If they're going to bust you for stating that in your wording, why do they still have the options available in their listing format? I'm thinking maybe one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing? I sure don't want to have my auctions shut down after 6 days for ebay's inability to get things right in the first place.

It's tough enough dealing with wannabees and scammers without having to jump through unknown hoops put up by ebay themselves.

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 AM

Good lordy !! Someone on ebay might be able to read and understand English !! I was loading another auction late today, and the Check/Money Order option is no longer available in their listing format like it was when I scheduled my other auctions a few days ago. Maybe someone b*thch*d about getting their auction dumped without cause? Do they really care? Not likely, unless that someone threatened a lawsuit maybe.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM

John...I find that most people use the ask seller a question option on a Item and ask ahead of time if I'll accept a m.o. I believe in the future that will be common place.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM

E-bay is going down the toilet, I got in a war with Paypal they have kept thousands of my money stating they could not confirm my address for a credit check and the value of the items being sold puts them at risk for chargebacks Although the items all received positive feedback they locked both my e-bay and paypal acct for 180 days stating they will release the funds after that time period. Whats the point of selling stuff if You can get your money. 800 + positive feedback with 100% feedback and thats what I got.
I threatened too sue them and join the the lawsuit that started dec 19th in Calf federal court for the same claim keeping funds for No reason.

This is what e-bay sent back
Regrettably e-bay is no longer able to communicate with you about this matter. We are not in the position to provide you with any guidance in legal matters. If your attorney wishes to contact e-bay he/she may do so.

thank you for your time
e-bay customer support

One of my many calls to Paypal (over 4 hours spent) yeilded this statement.
Take whatever legal actions you feel you need to take you will not get your money or acct back for 180 days we are not a bank and FDIC regulations do not apply.
I even called the senior ebay east cost mgr who I had met at a function and he sadly stated we know we have some problems with paypal and our hands are tied theres nothing I can do they control everything. Altough e-bay ownes paypal they dictate all the $$$$ to and from and you cannot reach a viable contact to get anything resolved. Nice answer

Good luck with the New E-bay !!!!!!

Jim
Old 03-13-2009, 06:53 AM

that blows perfect feedback and they lock you down,WOW!, thats exactly why I stopped selling my motors on e bay, paypal is out of control.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 AM

Auctions end tomorrow night on the dual snorkel, jack jaw, and pulley. I also put some more parts up there. Thanks guys.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Johnny Law wants his TAX cut, No More untraceable funds!
Swap meets, where men conduct business face to face!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny Law wants his TAX cut, No More untraceable funds!
Swap meets, where men conduct business face to face!

[/ QUOTE ]

Taxes are only paid on profits, or as in the case of sales taxes, are a percentage of the sale. If there is to be a tax on the "profits" someone must decide what those profits are, and to do that they would need to know the original costs and expenses involved. Who will be supplying those figures?