Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 11-14-2003, 04:24 AM

Default Re: #'s matching 427 Nova ???????????

Kim, I've used that line myself although not car related. I agree that it probably started life as a L78 car. I do'nt think its a Harrell/Gibb car either. Motion would be a stretch. Its possible that it was a dealer transplant early on. We've discussed the fact that other less known dealers most likley did conversions. Or the owner had it converted so early on that no one remembers it any other way.IE; I had a friend who bought a new 69 L78 chevelle from Rapids chev. He also worked there in the bodyshop. Blew it up 2nd week he owned it. He got an L88 on warranty.Most people thought that car came new with that motor as it was there almost from day one.
My thoughts on this nova: It was a good buy. Lots of good stuff. Someone must have run a NICB, and has cause to believe its something. Lastly we should have bought it and took it to Eddyville and seen how well the damn thing would run. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] Schonye
Old 11-14-2003, 02:59 PM

Ken the big problem I have as a dealer transplant is the block. Even if it is a dealer trans and then blown-up under warranty it would not have 66 block in it. The block would have been a 512 ,439,270 or maybe a 321 certainly not a 942 block. The Car is a SS 396 car. So there!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 09:39 PM

Ok, I give up. But someday you need to stop by and see the late 65 cast 396 with the front pad stamped for a 69 325HP 396 chevelle I've got.You worked in a factory, and you know how the rework process works. We'll get to it when we get to it.
Now, have you got that car painted yet, or do I have to send Roger Davis down to help you? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ken
Old 11-15-2003, 05:51 PM

Ken, the car is not painted yet hopefully in two weeks. Kim [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]