Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,896 Times in 1,005 Posts
Default Re: 68 Yenko clone

How about this ZLX Camaro Bob?
Former Kevin Suydam car

....and speaking of answering questions, when are you going to answer mine?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did you call Bill and check with him per our discussion and what was his reply? </div></div>

You told me and I quote, &quot;you get me a copy of the Yenko Deuce VINs and I will get you a copy of Dana's Kline Chevrolet invoice&quot;. I think you had the VIN's within a couple of hours and we are still waiting to get our copy. You were worried that people were going to take your copies and search out cars. As I told you on the phone, I don't give a rats ass about the other cars ONLY Dana's. Now you are telling me that you have to ok it with &quot;Bill&quot; who is your partner not only on the paperwork but also the supposed Yenko Camaro you own. Hard to believe that for a supposed $8000 purchase price that you would need a partner especially since you say you &quot;don't need the money&quot; and would not even accept my offer to pay you for the pictures that you have of your original car. By the way, those pictures were first in your possession, then at your dad's and last time I talked to you, they were at Bill's &quot;way up north&quot; as was the car.

You also bragged about your photographic memory though you have contradicted yourself on numerous occassions with me on the phone. Also, how well do you really know Steve Kline? You did not even know he lived in Bloomington, MN when Chad mentioned it. As far as you locating this latest 68 Yenko, Vince had researched ALL the 68's back in 1984 when it was still possible and could NOT locate the car even though as YOU said it was still in the hands of the original owners family.

I am not trying to drag you through the mud Bob but when I do as I was requested and then am given all kinds of excuses as to why I can't get a copy now, that just pisses me off to NO end. Hence the bait and switch comment I made earlier (which) by the way, you called and asked me to retract from this thread as it made you look bad........ It is people like that who destroy this hobby.

At this point I think you need to make good on our agreement or just quietly fade away as you are quickly losing your credibility. With the advent of the internet Bob, this world has become a VERY small place and ones stories are VERY easy to qualify as are addresses, people and phone numbers just to name a few.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 05-15-2010, 08:52 PM

Hey Bob...

Looks like you've been called out. The hole you're digging is getting deeper.

And tick-tock. I'm still waiting for <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">r</span>eal</span> documentation from you proving me (and now, a host of others who answered) wrong on the ZLX. And how about the L36 passenger car engine use in Medium Duty truck question? Since you have so many GM connections, that should be easy for you to cough up. Oh. Wikepedia et al doesn't count. We deserve real info, not hearsay.

Wayne Scraba
Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 PM

This is one of the reasons why I became a Street Rodder who likes selling Chevy musclecar parts.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM

Wayne,

Can a you and a couple of guy's you trust please verify my last post with regards to the 70 cars sent to Yenko in 1968 and what was done to them it would be much appreciated.

Regards: Chris H.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:09 AM

Hey Chris...

I am certainly not the expert you seek here. I'll defer you to others. I'm just one of the guys who fondly remembered when Motion built and sold ZLX engines way back when... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Take care man...

Wayne

BTW: You have a PM
Old 05-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Ok, let's recap what we've learned from this thread:
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]in 1969 the automatic Yenko Camaros got the exact same *solid lifter* engine as the 4-speed cars (L72 427/425hp)...verifiable by original Chevrolet paperwork[*]the ZL-X was available over the parts counter, as well complete from some high-performance dealers/engine builders[*]RARELY should believe everything you read in a magazine[/list]Now, how about we return this thread *back* to it's original topic, auschris001 and his '68 clone...
Old 05-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Thanks Rob,

Still need someone to agree on the 1968 Yenko post and the paint.
(from my previous post)

I found this article about the #8021 and it states from the current owner

&quot;For 1968 the 9737 COPO comaro was only available to Don Yenko and in fact Yenko was considered the manufacturer for these 68 Yenko Camaro's. However this #9737 COPO package was added in 1968 as per Don Yenko's request to RPO L78 SS Camaro's that were equipped with the 396/375hp big blocks.
The COPO #9737 designation added for 1968 cooling, suspension and brake upgrades along with a 140mph speedometer, heavy duty springs, larger anti roll bar, M21 tranny and a 4.10 posi rear diff. These 9737 COPO's 1968 camaro's were delivered from Chevrolet to Cannonsburg with RPO (regular production order) L78 396/375 hp engines. Yenko's mechanics then removed the L78 396 engine and installed a L72 short block. The original L78 heads and aluminum intake and carb were then installed on the L72 short block.&quot; end quote. author unknown, but pulled from the Las Vegas Clasic cars website.

Cheers: Chris H
ps: does anyone have a Yenko add from 1968
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 AM

Dear Chris,
Contact User name (original owner) for he has sent me information. Real stuff! The guys on this site are not nice to
Bob but he is a nice guy. He sent me original brochures and sheets from Yenko (Real ones for free) He is under (Original owner) screen name. I would contact him for what your looking for. He has a large old collection of paperwork and is now giving it to people he likes for free. As you are doing a restore clone his pictures should be invaluble to you to make sure the car is correct. He will take care of you.

Kirk
Old 05-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Can a mod please do an IP check. The curiousity is killing me.

Jason
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 AM

Lol, thanks Jason. I was wondering when someone was going to ask this.

One comes out of the woodwork every few yesrs. There was Mowtown Madman, then fasttoys, a few more that I forget.