Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-19-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: 427 Baldwin Motion Nova For Sale

Nice ad,20 year owner,strange phone arrangement,cheap price?He, and his friends that know of the car, have been living under a rock for the past few years? The car slips through the cracks into the public market for 25g's?Maybe, they don't have t.v. or regular phones, and never heard of B.Jackson.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:14 PM

Kinda smells like bs
Old 02-19-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice ad,20 year owner,strange phone arrangement,cheap price?He, and his friends that know of the car, have been living under a rock for the past few years? The car slips through the cracks into the public market for 25g's?Maybe, they don't have t.v. or regular phones, and never heard of B.Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I know personally a few cars guys that have no internet and kinda know what cars are worth but are still stuck in the 80's with pricing and such...this could be the same deal if its for real.

I am with Charley..lets buy the Vert...
B.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM

Should I ever find a car for sale like this again I will be sure NOT to post it. The entire purpose for posting it here was to try and help bring to light a potential piece of automotive history that should be shared with all the enthusiasts who will appreciate it. I personally have seen BM Corvettes, Camaros, etc. but never a Nova but I would like to and I would like to know the history behind it. Who better to do this than the people here who are supposed to be experts on them?

Instead this has turned into a matter of prestige and money between many of you, in short the worst parts of this hobby. In the end the car real or not will come to light but the true cost will not be who offered the most cash it will be friendships that have lasted for years falling by the wayside as people squabble over money, metal and bragging rights.

In short I think that some of you should ask yourself what is more important, the financial gains you can make and the bragging rights you will have bought for cash or the true history of these cars and the friendships that this hobby helps to foster between so many of us.

For those of you who are here like me for the pleasure that this hobby usually brings most of us I am sorry for this tirade, for the rest who are here for the money and prestige THINK ABOUT IT.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the end the car real or not will come to light THINK ABOUT IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for anyone on the site ,but it would be a good guess on my part that this it what most of the fellas were looking to see come to light, since that was the title of the post......There's been cloak and dagger posts in the past that hit dead ends and I think it was discussed that ones e-mail address be in ones profile---just to keep the game honest....
Old 02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
SCR Sponsor

Take a look this one belongs to a member.
http://corvettes-musclecars.com/cgi-bin/...II%20427%20Nova
Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 PM

Thanks Stefano now I have seen one and can get off my soap box. LOL
Old 02-19-2006, 11:20 PM

You could turn out to be the lucky one. This deal will make the owner of the Yellow '70 rs Z feel like a hero.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:48 PM

67L78...you can rest assured that people who really like the history and owning these cars are here....the only prestige in all this crap is the pride of ownership...Supercar or not...There are always the type of people who lay in the weeds and will do anything in their power to grab a car like this....and then just flip it for more money. I would bet thats what will happen here..and if the guy who bought it is who I think it is...that will happen soon rather than later. After he fugure out a way to hype it up and create the story. JMO.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 AM

67L78conv,
i'm not intending this to be mean but i had posted about this car first on a post titled 70 B&amp;M Nova. i had a link to where i had spotted it on wednesday.