Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Default Re: 68 Yenko clone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are you giving away paperwork if you are still restoring a 68 Yenko yourself? It is a nice gesture, but makes no sense.
Jason </div></div>

I'd like to know that too. And if you have all of this pertinent documentation in hand, why were you attempting to provide info on this board that contradicts what most here know to be correct? Case-in-point:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: original owner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gentlemen the camaros sold in 67 and 69 with the auto tran's, had hydro, lifters, There H,P. ratings were 1967 410 H.P. 1969 425 H.P. There are no hydro. lifters on L72 427 V8's. ...thank you Bob krueger. </div></div>

It would seem if you have all of pertinent data in hand, you would have been acutely aware of the fact there was no hydraulic lifter 427 1969 Yenko Camaro built.

And before I forget Bob: Where's the real documentation you have on the ZLX and the L36 Passenger Car engines used in Medium Duty Trucks?

Wayne Scraba
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,005 Posts
Default Re: 68 Yenko clone

Bruce, your cool and I did not take that the wrong way at all, same with (Bob) Belair. Just venting again. I have only had about 3 days off in the last three months and wasting time is one thing I take VERY seriously. If Bob can provide Dana with paperwork on his car so we can finally trace the one person that has not been found (the original owner) then all is forgotten. Bob also had many original photos of his 68 Yenko when he puchased it new and those would also be priceless to me. I did offer to pay him for copies of those.

I know Bob is being hounded by people wanting to use what he has to their monetary advantage and has received a LOT of calls from those kinds of people. Many of those are guys that claim &quot;they never come here anymore&quot;. I am NOT one of those people and don't want to be treated as such.

Ok, I have said enough on this subject and it is time to move on as I am again wasting time instead of working!
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations