Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 12-24-2015, 07:32 PM

Thanked 5,377 Times in 1,885 Posts
Default Re: Next Years Power Tour Car

Awesome!
Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Update...........The refining process continues......(Does it ever end).........After installing the Supercharger and Hydro-Boost, everything got a lot better.......But.....Fitting everything together with parts in place at that time left a little room for fine tuning.........the car was perfectly fine, but a couple of little issues.......#1.....using the existing down flow radiator with the Supercharger caused a issue........to clear the new drive system, I had to run the upper hose up and over the system and the hose ended up slightly above the radiator tank leaving it with a large air pocket........it ran and cooled fine, but it wasn't a recommended way to do things........I decided to get a cross flow Radiator with both fittings on the passenger side of the car to correct that issue........After seeing the quality of the Auto Rad set-up for the Nomad, I decided to buy one from them........I made the right decision ..................Quality, Quality, and Quality........
Second Issue........After installing the Hydro Boost........I had a little minor issue of while turning, I would get a little intermittent loss of power assist.......I did some research and was told there was a slight amount of air in the system........I noticed that in the reservoir there was some turbulence from the return line in the tank with possible aeration..........I checked online and found that Concept One had a tank they specifically built for these applications that controlled the flow and softened the flow entering the tank to eliminate this problem......So.....
I took the car to Frame-Up Wheelworks and they went thru and installed everything as well as neatened up my mess of wires around the battery........after getting the car back all I can say is....getting everything close and working is O.K..........But......Putting the Bow on the Package and Fine tuning everything makes driving the car nothing but sheer enjoyment......Damm!!.......This Beater is Fun !!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 05-08-2016, 02:22 PM

Thanked 2,419 Times in 765 Posts

With both the inlet and outlet on the same side is there some type of internal baffle that prevents the water from just flowing vertically to the other opening?
Old 05-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Steve .......The new Radiator is a cross flow and yes there is an internal baffle to separate the half's and control the flow .............. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2016, 12:38 AM

So..........The refining process continues.......But.....We are getting very close........When I did the car originally, I didn't know how to deal with the LS &quot;Rappy&quot; exhaust sound.........after getting the exhaust on the Impala during the initial build.........I had to go thru 3 sets of Mufflers to get the sound to go away and to quiet it down..........Ended up putting Cadillac Mufflers on it (Choke ,Choke).......since then I've learned that LS engines don't like long exhaust pipes (these go all the way back to the rear Bumper)..........and a &quot;X&quot; pipe helps kill the &quot;Rappy&quot; sound also.......

So....After finishing Gary's 65 and getting the exhaust completed with DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers, an &quot;X&quot; pipe and tail pipes that exit behind the rear tires........His car sounded perfect........So.....I decided with last Winters mods to the Impala I needed to free up the Exhaust system.........It's going to the Exhaust shop on Monday for this &quot;Correction&quot; ....LOL.....I also bought a set of Headers off eBay that are supposed to fit........We will see........

Old 06-19-2016, 07:09 PM

Thanked 5,377 Times in 1,885 Posts

And so it continues [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2016, 08:43 PM

As in the old days -- The Beat Goes On!!
Old 06-22-2016, 12:55 AM

Took the car to Dave's Mufflers in town and they installed everything........The Headers fit perfectly with out any modifications at all...(that was a surprise)........In and out in a day...........Here's a bunch of pic's

Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 AM

Sound.........

[img]<a href="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/kwhizz/Impala%20Convert/th_MAH02543.mp4" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/kwhizz/Impala%20Convert/th_MAH02543.mp4[/img]</a>

Old 06-22-2016, 01:16 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,276 Times in 936 Posts

sweet!