Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 Chevelle LS6, 4881 Original Miles, #s Mat

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you would restore a car with 4881 miles on it, I think it would be worth much more unrestored.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but that car would look real nice next to my survivor L78 nova!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 PM

I have no idea why it was restored.. I guess when of the previous owners had a crazy idea??

Everyone that has seen the this before stated how it should have been left alone and not restored.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:29 PM

I could have it to your door by Christmas if your Nova wants some company..
Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 PM

seems like it was a better buy with the BIN of $90k than the current offer of $139k, especially in light of the economy ...

Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like it was a better buy with the BIN of $90k than the current offer of $139k, especially in light of the economy ...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of a comment like this? Just to point out that 90 is less than 139 for those that do not know?

Sometimes I wonder why people put their cars for sale on here. There are always people that can't wait to find something to pick apart.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was wondering now that the cat is out of the bag. If it did not sell at 90K, it must be too cheap or something is not right. Lets jack up the price to 139K. Buyers will rush in. Only in America.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of a comment like this? Just to point out that 90 is less than 139 for those that do not know?

Sometimes I wonder why people put their cars for sale on here. There are always people that can't wait to find something to pick apart.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you were in the market to buy this car, would you pay 139K for it knowing that this car did not sell for 90K had you not seen the past sale price. I don't think so. That is why this forum is priceless. Knowledge is power and in this case it might save someone enough money to buy another quality car. Not bashing, just pontificating.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:35 AM

LMAO.. Im not trying to start a pissing match because honestly I dont care, but what I ask for car is up to me isnt it? If you dont like it dont buy it pretty simple..

Everyone says how the economy has effected these cars, and yes I agree on the JUNK STUFF and MASS PRODUCED STUFF, and on the cars that doubled and trippled in price, but please show me where GREAT LEGIT PAPER WORK cars are selling for way less?? Im talking $150k and under because Im always looking for a good buy and havent been able to find these so called deals.

I dont recall seeing the car advertised with a BIN of 90k (not saying it wasnt) but I dont think it would have lasted long at that price considering some junk/questionable LS6 cars have sold recently or around 80k-85k range, I know it was bid up to around $115k at Russo last year and Joe and Sam wanted A LOT more for it then, at any rate what it has been bought for or sold in the past really doesnt matter, its the price now.

There are quite a few LS6's listed for sale on the net and ebay for more than this car that dont hold a candle to it..IMO

In the world of RESTAMPS and BOGUS PAPER WORK a well known car with pedigree and owner history like this car has will be a great car to own and a sound investment..IMO

139k is the asking price who knows what it could really be bought for? I just listed at the price my friend said to ask for it, I recently sold it to him and he has since found another car he wants more.

And scorpio ps, The car did sell for 90k actually quite a bit more than that because I was the one who bought it from Joe the guy who has owned it for at least the last year. (Maybe I got screwed?? I SURE DONT THINK SO) And yes there are guys willing to pay more for it and there from THIS SITE dealing on it now, if a deal happens I'll be sure to post the price (buyer permiting) so the next time it is sold for more we can bring this up again..

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it if you found a killer deal on and bought a car for $500 buck and it was worth $100k and I wanted the car I sure wouldnt have a problem paying you for it even if I knew what you paid.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,805 Times in 1,450 Posts

Whether you like the price is irrelevant, if you're not interested just move on , no need to comment. The for sale section is for those that are interested in buying and selling cars. I or anyone else has the right to ask an amount they feel justified. Please refrain from bashing the car or the owner.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 12-13-2008, 05:38 AM

Andrew,

Well said, past sale amounts should not have a bearing on current asking price whether it be higher or lower.

Jason