Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Legendary John Force has a.....

IMO, he should drop the Paul Sr. attitude with his kids. Bad TV drama.
Yelling and screaming does not motivate teenagers, and telling his daughters that they have to follow him in the business is bad parenting. He admits that he missed being there when they were youngsters, but he wants to be the dad now in front of a camera? Please.
What would he do if they told him they wanted to be the bikini girls in his next callander?
HE IS great with his fans, and fananitcal about winning, but reality show are not real, and editing can change anything around from what was shot the first time.
BTW, there is another daughter that is not in the series.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM

Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,006 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I feel for the guy. I think its funny how he often says "i wish i had son's".

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was painful and I cringed when I heard it. I have an absolutely beautiful, intelegent and thoughful 17 year old daughter (going on 25 )and one that I could never ask for more from. however she thinks killing a deer is terrible and cars are for creeps and one time I commented that I wished I had a son so that I could share my interests with. It was a true statement but not as a replacement, only as an addition. My daughter could never be replaced. Unfortunately, I may never live down that one comment I made and it will be forever etched in her mind. I hope John does not say it more than once and that may have been one too many.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM

I don't watch reality shows, but I do like to hear John Force talk after A run. Didn't he say one time at the end of A run something like " I just saw Elvis at 300 MPH"?? He is an interesting guy. I still won't watch the show.

Tommy
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The show is, in part, about Force's incredible showman's personality, but it also seems to be about sex, as evidenced by the photo. If those were all boys this show might not have been made! Remember, almost all marketing is aimed squarely at the 18-34 male demographic (they spend money the fastest and with the least amount of consideration toward saving it). Therefore, fast cars and attractive women is the marketer's bread-and-butter.

Now that the Coddington show has gotten stale I guess I'll switch to the Force show. Or I might just switch the damn TV off and pull the engine out of my Camaro. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The show is, in part, about Force's incredible showman's personality, but it also seems to be about sex, as evidenced by the photo. If those were all boys this show might not have been made! Remember, almost all marketing is aimed squarely at the 18-34 male demographic (they spend money the fastest and with the least amount of consideration toward saving it). Therefore, fast cars and attractive women is the marketer's bread-and-butter.

Now that the Coddington show has gotten stale I guess I'll switch to the Force show. Or I might just switch the damn TV off and pull the engine out of my Camaro. Yeah, that's the ticket!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,

I'm with you on this one. Time for quality time with the
Camaro.

I'm getting so damn sick of all the reality show !
Force's show is all about sex! Just watch the promo.

I have all daughters and I made the same comment about
wishing for just one son to share interests with. I too
will never live that down either. I said it in half-jest,
but it will be forever remembered otherwise. Coddington -
forget that arrogant A-hole. I don't care about his cars,
put a fork in him. He's had his 15 minutes.....

And about Paul Sr., let me add this. Again, more of the
reality show ! Junior has more talent in his left one
than Paul Sr. has in all the rest. There is no way Paul
Jr. could work in an environment like that ( constant
put down from his father ) and produce pieces of art as he
does. The bulk of the customization is 2D to be sure, but
art none the less. As one who works with artists I can
tell you that they do not take kindly to verbal trashing.
The whole show is more than I can stand.

Man, what a tangent I went off on there - huh?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:44 AM

Paul Sr...Is that the loudmouth guy with the big hammer that makes everything fit by beating on it?
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 07-21-2006, 03:47 AM

John force is a very nice guy,My first Autorama in Houston and he showed up to sign autographs and after that he walked around looking at the cars.He stopped by our group coral and talked to us for about 15 minutes.Very nice guy,I agree that the comments about wanting sons is slightly inappropriate especially when you are telling your daughters that!I am certain he means nothing by it and hopefully his daughters take no offense to the comment.I am sure all us Fathers wish we had sons to follow our interest in the automotive world and other things that Fathers and sons do.I have two Daughters and one son and one Hell of a great Son in law.And my youngest daughter which is 33 now.she would a few years ago bust a cap on a Deer in a heart beat! to make a long story short.I took off early years ago to go Deer hunting and left before she got home from High School,well she had been to the lease about 3 times before and about 11:00 pm a vehicle entered the camping area of our lease.Naturally I went to see who it might be! and low and behold it was my Baby girl,drove 280 miles,brought her rifle,stopped and purchased ammunition and hunting license.How she located that lease I will never know! She wound up staying all week with me and we bagged our limit of 6 Deer between the two of us!We each bagged 3 deer apiece!I will admit she bagged the LARGEST BUCK! which made me very proud.Wouldn't trade neither of my girls for any boys!The Oldest is a registered nurse and the Baby is A Surgical Assistant to an Eye Surgeon.

Bobby Dodson
Old 07-21-2006, 07:27 AM

I rarely watch shows like that but have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I've got girls too and have said a hundred times that I wish I had a boy. But, like Force, not to share interests with, but to lift and move heavy crap.

My boy would be a paid slave.....Hell, you can offer a girl any amount of money and they are not going to cut the grass, wax your car or do any of the things our dads made us do! My girls thought the show was a hoot.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:53 AM

Well guys I have 4 boys and none of them are car guys. Our youngest son is a mechanic but not a real enthusiast. None of them ever really want to come to the drags with me. I have 2 little grandaughters that I am bringing along slowly. They love popies car and his red truck. When they are with me I play some Beach Boys CD's and Crosby,Stills, Nash and Young. They are young but they are gettin it.So....
Old 07-21-2006, 07:35 PM

Would'nt it be a shot in the bag if he did have a son, but he turned out to be gay!................Not that there's anything wrong with that!