Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: 70 Townsman LS-5 Documented

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!! Ya learn something new everyday! I wasnt trying to ruffle your feathers Rich.
I must not be looking at your website right. I can tell you this that in my state you would never get away with that one. They would look at that website as a dealer site. It even has a place to go for finacing. Anyway so be it. Looks be be a great thing you have going. Some of your cars are beautiful.
Like i said earlier,I just dont think your wagon is worth that kind of money and maybe its time to lower the price or just keep it since you seem to be the one that loves it the most. Wasnt trying to hurt your feelings,just an opinion i should keep to myself i guess.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:54 AM

Not a problem,
I don't like being refered to as a dealer, and as I have every car registered, and believe it or not the Only state I can't finance in is Rhode Island, my own state, I am a collection.
It works well. Every dealer I have ever seen describes thier cars as show pieces and when I see "Highly Detailed" and look and find an engine compartment that looks like a 10 year old Hundai I cringe.
On the wagon, the restoration costs alone exceed the asking price, it is also documented by it's original buildsheet as an LS-5, plain jane. And I have yet to see another.
Like I say, sooner or later someone will come along. Just look at what Big Block wagons have sold for at auction latelty.
The Townsman is Correct, Documented, and sharper than hell.
And even better is when I whoop some guy in a Roadrunner, since I hook up while he's spinning.
And I can do it all while I have 10 bags of groceries...
Damn...
I forgot the Milk.
Anyway
everyone has an opinion, I get touchy when I see dealer after dealer passing off un-documented cars that have been detailed with a can of chassis black and a set of excel wires.
Detailed means researched, and correctly imitating what the factory delivered back in the day.
By the way.
Love the Low Mileage Judge. i have always been a sucker for low mileage cars. The wagon has 61,000.
That's a fair amount of groceries.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I imagine that is also a fair amount of 1/4's.

Jason
Old 07-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Brian...What ever happened to the very low mileage 69 SS Chevelle, green with a white vinyl, that you had for sale a few years back? It was supposed to be untouched, all original, but I did some background on it and found out the engine had been rebuilt, the a-frames chromed at one time, and some other stuff. Were you a Dealer back then? Good luck with the Wagon.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Hi Tony,
No, I was not a dealer then, I helped a friend sell his car. Nasty divorce etc...
The car sold and went to Long Island. The original owner had taken the front end apart when it had about 16,000 miles, Chromed the a-frames, pulled the motor and was going to Hot Rod it. Then, as the commercial says', Life came at him hard. My friend found out about the car, and he put it back together.
It was not that the car was untouched, but due to the 21,000 original miles, it had certain features that could not be replicated such as the textured steering wheel that had no wear marks. That was because the wheel came off the car at new and the original owner put on a wood wheel.
The new owner is very happy with it, though my friend got into a nasty set of problems with his Ex when he sold it.
Such is life.
By the By, names Rich...
Old 08-01-2007, 04:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmcporter

I don't know Rich and/or the dealer rules in RI, but I can tell you that in Massachusetts, being a "dealer" is a less costly way to do business then "owning all the cars" because as a dealer you get a dealer license plate which has blanket insurance on it. Which means you don't pay insurance on each car, sales tax, excise tax, registration, etc. As a dealer, all you have to worry about is keeping some records to pay Uncle Sam his cut of the profits, paying the state fees for the business license and the insurance policy. Giving Rich the benefit of the doubt, it means he's carrying 7 or 8 insurance policies, registrations, titles, etc. So I don't think he's trying to get away with anything here. I agree that it's a little annoying that his posts on our site are limited to selling his cars, but that seems to be a fairly common trend with many people posting here. All the more reason to require membership for classifed posting. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, Don, I own 3 classic cars--I hope that doesn't make me a "dealer".
Old 08-01-2007, 07:49 PM

RI has rules as a dealer that you wouldn't believe, that being said. I have no desire to be a dealer as I only sell what I want to in order to aquire another car.
Dealers sell to "make a living" I don't.
I collect cars and trucks. My wife and I take 2 to every show we attend. I enjoy seeing the other cars, meeting and making new friends, and bringing whatever cars I have up to "snuff". I, as anyone else, like to win at shows. You don't win without some serious detailing effort.
And yes, I have a very significant insurance policy with Hagerty Insurance. They are the best. McKeel Hagerty is a very nice person, a serious car collector too. I have met him several times.
I started coming to this site and posting here since on a "Google" search of 70 Townsman wagon turned up info on my car before I owned it. I also noticed that Most of the "for sale" listings were for Muscle Cars and more, not just documented "supercars". I also noticed the majority of listings were the Dealers. They seemed to be looking to buy, ie: recent listing for LS-6 ElCamino, Nickey bought and will take to auction. Seller got I assume his $60,000 to $65,000 he wanted, and Stefano had no problem stating he has a $70,000 reserve set for the auction. I do believe Stefano is a dealer. At least his descriptions seem to fit the cars. The exception, not the rule.
I would have no problem with membership required as I fell this group is one of the best for all info and more. Helpful.
However you would have to open it up to non-supercar owners or it would be a very small membership.
Could I add something in the other areas, maybe. I do have some credentials, as a mechanic, as a judge (as in car show). But I prefer to listen and learn.
and from this site I do learn.
Thanks
Draginwagon
P.S. you are only a dealer if your three cars have the exact same license plate...an it says dealer.
BTW, Nice 72 GS, couldn't see. Bumper cutouts for exhaust???
need a better back end shot. Nice.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Do you have a picture of the build sheet? I would like to see it for my impala research. Don't see many 70's with radio delete.
Warren
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Hi,
Will try to attach it here. If it doesn't work you can PM me and I will e-mail a copy to you.
Draginwagon
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 AM

Buildsheet attached, NEW Copy
Here hopefully this attachment is a little larger and More Readable.
Draginwagon
Attached Images